Male model shoot... something different from me!

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some pictures I was hired to take. It was a different experience as I wasn't solely in control of the artistic side of things, as these were commissioned by a directory of a local short film.

Let me know what works, what doesnt:

4033137178_e5c60693b0_b.jpg

4033136418_bf751fd499_b.jpg

4027827388_3de93c7389_b.jpg

third is a fine shot among the three.....it shows body and its zest.
second slightly odd and first will work fine again.

I agree with the others and would straighten the horizons...at least on #1 and #3

Shot one doesn't work for me; the tilted horizon and the sharply angled waterline/shoreline look weird together, and his hairline being almost at the horizon line just seems, well, kind of odd.

Shot two is better, and the depth clues are pretty good. I'm not sure about the overall image processing: the light looks like it was nice at the time of the shoot, but the image processing makes him appear as if he's wearing some kind of orange eye makeup--his eye sockets look weird. The cigarette...meh...but if these are film stills, and the character smokes, I guess there's nothing one can do about that. I think his head is crowding the top of the frame far too closely, and if there were a little bit more space at the top of the frame, his figure would look a bit more, well, on-display and just simply better presented. I'd clone out that white anchor bouy or whatever it is in the water on the left hand side.

The third shot looks like an advertising shot...it has an active pose (and a near shore bouy!),shot on a nice beach,with an urban background. The horizon tilt is wayyy to much for my liking, but the lighting,pose,and his position in the frame are all pretty good. I think shot 3 is the strongest overall shot.

Most reactions

Back