Mallards CC

Abby Rose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some "wild" mallards. It's been pretty warm lately.

These got some sort of goofy barring effect from the pp, but maybe I can fix it. I still have the original.
A
DSC08771B.jpg

B
DSC08771C.jpg

C
2-21-10DSC08773B.jpg

I think the fact that you can't see the eye on the one in the back really detracts from the image overall. The vignetting also does nothing for me here.

I agree about the image being worse in not being able to see the eye. I also agree that the vignetting does nothing for the picture and seeing how dark the male's head is, I believe it gives the picture an underexposed feel. I like the composition, how there is one on top of the other but if I were you I would clone out the twigs/stuff in the top left of the frame. Overall, its an alright shot, just a little dark and I wish the male's eye was visible.

Abby
I see you are a student. I think the subject is great, but you may have missed your goal. It is hard to determine what the focus is,that you are trying to convey.
One of the things I have learned here is to find a theme/focus and work it. I can say it is not always easy. Keep at it.

Thanks everyone. :)

Yes, I am a student. Not exactly a photography student, but animal science and studio art - two BA's. I hope I can take a few photography classes next year or the year after as an elective... we'll see. I would be able to incorporate photography into my studio art degree if I wanted, but I'm much better at drawing and sculpture so I think I should probably focus on that.

I have to agree I feel that the composition of the shot is quite strong overall, but that the technical dispaly is what is letting you down in this shot. The upper duck being dark I was expecting some sort of silouett (SP - its a silly french word and they never spell things right) effect overall so the lower female clashes somewhat.

I warm a little more to the black and white as the overall underexposed feel doesn't feel as harsh here, but the lack of even just an eye on the males head is just destroying the effect sadly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back