Man I'm stupid.

I'm jealous. We were suppose to get an ice storm down here in PA. It was all over the news as they exploit the weather to no end as if a little snow is something to be worried about in PA. Watch the news and the incoming ice storm is the end of the world judging on how they broadcast it.

Imagine my surprise when I woke up to find not a hint of moisture and the temps had warmed up over night to about 50 degrees!

So much for the world ending ice storm.....

don't get worried. It's just snow. I actually like the snow. I have a 4X4 so I can pretty much get around fine. Come to think of it, my wife has 4whl drive too...

Yup, predicting 6-12". I just dropped by the gas station and filled up the tank for the snowblower. I should go start that thing and make sure it works. :)

Yup, predicting 6-12". I just dropped by the gas station and filled up the tank for the snowblower. I should go start that thing and make sure it works. :)

Man, I feel for you guys. It's going to be 80 here tomorrow!

Just a question, why does everyone worry about the snow? 6-12 inches? That's just a normal big snowstorm, happens all the time where I am slightly more than half way up through Pennsylvania (just below I-80). I hear 12 inches of snow and I think, "meh, it's just snow...."

I just don't understand the fear and the panic that comes with snow when snow is a normal part of your winter if you live in a particular area. I think people need to quit watching the news. Their half hour constant exploiting the weather when we are going to get a little bit of snow is brainwashing people. We get a half inch of snow, the roads are clear, and I encounter idiots on the road driving 10 mph scared to death because it is snowing.

It's not the snow, but the people living in snowy areas that have been slowly driving me more crazy each year. Stay home if you're that scared and let me enjoy the quietness of driving on a fully snowy road, LOL.

I LOVE snowy roads! :D

^^^ for the record, I don't fear it. I love snow. It's fun. I do think, however, that PA gets more snow than the Boston area.

3-6" is kind of average for anytime we happen to get snow. 6-12" is a bit more on the higher side of things, though usually whatever they predict is about 1.5x what we really get... even where I am, which is the edge of the snowier part of the state.

Whatever the case, I have an AWD Volkswagen R32, so I find snow deeply amusing. :)

I'm the opposite. I have a POS 96 Nissan Altima with a billion miles on it, runs like a POS, and the cheapest POS tires on it that can barely move in the snow. I find it deeply amusing also.

I find no satisfaction with driving my wife's AWD in the snow. No challenge or fun there driving in 6 inches of snow as if was the middle of summer. In my old trucks, I would lock the hubs in, but leave it in 2WD. Only put it in 4WD when I "needed" it, as in, to get out of the ditch, LOL.

3-6" is kind of average for anytime we happen to get snow. 6-12" is a bit more on the higher side of things, though usually whatever they predict is about 1.5x what we really get... even where I am, which is the edge of the snowier part of the state.

You guys don't really know what snow is. This pic was taken last March after a nice storm that gave us 8 foot high snow drifts! We had snow in our yard well past mid-April... lol

2321790714_9848492745.jpg

Quebec pushed a law this year that mandated that ALL vehicles *must* have 4 snow tires else face large fines, not that I needed such a law to do this for decades now myself.

Even in these conditions, life goes on, and though some schools may close, stores and all government offices are open. When I lived in Texas, they had 1 inch of snow in Dallas that literally closed down the ENTIRE city for 3 days! :lol:

because all I had was my D100 and I was annoyed because the D100 doesn't do night photography all that well.

I bet, with enough patience, you could've taken a good photo with the D100. Being "spoiled" so to speak by a really good camera is no reason for a photographer to miss a photo opp.

Missed opportunity indeed.

Stupid? Nah.

:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back