Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MarchPhoto80

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MarchPhoto81

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
man i can't believe i submitted such a rubbish photo :( haha

Ha Ha, I'm right there with you man, I felt I somewhat met the theme, but technically the shot needed work, I took it with a point and shoot using manual settings..LOL... We'll just have to make up for it in April... :thumbup:

81 entries....and not 81 votes?! Maybe if we could get as many people to vote, I might get a vote...lol...probably not though. I know why entries spiked this month, as my photo was one of the ones where you can tell that the photographer was going "um, well it could represent simplicity..." on March 31st when trying to pick something to enter. Got to get it in before the deadline though, right? I am definitely entering April's contest 'cause I bet there will be fewer than 81 entries that fit the theme!

Just out of curiosity...are entries ever objectively denied? I noticed you'd like the name of the album submissions are based on, and while that's probably only to title it for the viewers, would you turn down a submission along the lines of "Downward Spiral" represented by, say, a red balloon? :lol:

Yea, I'm really surprised there is only 3/4 as many votes as contributors. Where all all the other contributors and why aren't they voting?

Well, seems to me that a lot of people joined the site in the last month, and many of them entered the challenge. If they haven't gotten their post count up, or if they joined just days before the end of the challenge, then they can't vote.

But usually, regardless, getting 50+ votes for these seems to be hard, which does baffle me.

I suggest putting a link to the Photo Challenge thread on the home page along with the winning photo from last month. Maybe even two links... Vote in March's Poll and Participate in April's Challenge? But who knows? If 81 people found the challenge to begin with I suppose at least 81 people should be able to locate the voting...

I would vote... But I haven't got enough to say to make up 25 posts ;)

Damn, It turns out even with 25 posts and a few weeks on the board under my belt, I still can't vots :(

Votes....votes....need some more votes.

Still anyone's game...I think the most I see is still only 4 votes for any one photo.

This is confusing, such a large jump in submissions....but where are the votes? I'm confused.....I was looking so forward to this months submissions, and results......kind of dissappointed. I just see simplicity so differently, and don't really relate to a lot of the pictures, I wonder if that's what's happening here....:er:

perhaps we should all put links to the voting thread in our sigs next month??? I am a noob, and this was my first entry, but I can't imagine not wanting to vote... Just doesn't make sense to me, I actually enjoy voting even if I'm not in the contest. I have also voted for photo of the month as well... Perhaps the mods could think up a way to help promote the voting as well, I think someone mentioned putting a link on the home page, that was a great idea...

This is confusing, such a large jump in submissions....but where are the votes? I'm confused.....I was looking so forward to this months submissions, and results......kind of dissappointed. I just see simplicity so differently, and don't really relate to a lot of the pictures, I wonder if that's what's happening here....:er:

I have a suggestion for that.

Arch, or anyone paying attention at the time, Every eleventh or twenty-first post should maybe be a recreation ot the OP. This way users who are using post perpage settings lower than the forum default should get the link to the gallery in the first post on every/everyother page for the most part.

This will increase the likelyness that the link to the gallery will appear right below the poll, in theroy effectivly reducing the "Where are the Pictures" question.

I suggest putting a link to the Photo Challenge thread on the home page along with the winning photo from last month. Maybe even two links... Vote in March's Poll and Participate in April's Challenge? But who knows? If 81 people found the challenge to begin with I suppose at least 81 people should be able to locate the voting...

I like this idea. I'm gonna go put up theses links right now. Thanks Dioboleque.

I have a suggestion for that.

Arch, or anyone paying attention at the time, Every eleventh or twenty-first post should maybe be a recreation ot the OP. This way users who are using post perpage settings lower than the forum default should get the link to the gallery in the first post on every/everyother page for the most part.

This will increase the likelyness that the link to the gallery will appear right below the poll, in theroy effectivly reducing the "Where are the Pictures" question.

I'm not sure that's really necessary. I think the lack of votes is more to do with the areas members tend to frequent than it has to do with people not being able to find the photos. People tend to stick to the same forums. If the challenge forum isn't one of them it is easy for them to forget about it, especially if voting is only open for a week.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back