• MarchPhoto79

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MarchPhoto80

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MarchPhoto81

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not sure that's really necessary. I think the lack of votes is more to do with the areas members tend to frequent than it has to do with people not being able to find the photos. People tend to stick to the same forums. If the challenge forum isn't one of them it is easy for them to forget about it, especially if voting is only open for a week.

Yeah, other than posting a "Vote now" thread in every section I have not come up with a solution for that one yet. Posting Vote now everywhere is imprastical and I am not sure if VB's Announcement system still puts the announcement in all sections anymore.

The visibility factor was an easy solution to find and post, but the advertising is slightly more difficult. I am pondering the rest of it though.

I'm actually wondering how many folks actually look forward to entering the contest as opposed to just submitting casually. I think those folks may take the same approach to voting. I would hope to at least see the same number of votes as photo submittals, but for now I'm happy to see more people participating in the contest in general. I looked back at some of the previous contest before I started to participate where there where 10 to 15 photos submitted.

Looks like the Moderators will be deciding between #9 and #44, each with 7 votes.

I'm actually wondering how many folks actually look forward to entering the contest as opposed to just submitting casually. I think those folks may take the same approach to voting. I would hope to at least see the same number of votes as photo submittals, but for now I'm happy to see more people participating in the contest in general. I looked back at some of the previous contest before I started to participate where there where 10 to 15 photos submitted.

[rant]I've voted in every challenge since I joined, except 1, I think. I've entered 3. The reason I've generally stopped entering is that the voting often doesn't go the way I think it "should," and no, this does NOT mean that I'm just bitter 'cause mine didn't get lots of votes. More that the votes generally seemed to go for either a photograph that I thought was not good technically nor aesthetically, or for one that didn't seem to have anything to do with the theme. So I decided that I wasn't going to spend several hours trying to take and process a photo that I thought was good that actually fit the theme when people were just going to vote for their friends' photos or what photo they liked the best regardless of if it had something to do with the theme.[/rant]

I think that the discussion regarding this months submissions has been pretty entertaining.
I agree with some of it and disagree with some of it.
i think that if people want to vote for their own submissions then thats their prerogative. It's neither right nor wrong. If they believe that their photo is the best for the month then they should choose it. I havent done that this month even though i have no votes for my submission.
I also agree that some of the photos meant to depict simplicity look as though they have involved at least a few hours in photoshop to create which would indicate a distinct lack of simplicity to me. Yeah yeah everyone has their own ideas on what equates to simplicity but lets be brutally honest some people this month just got it plain wrong and they will probably be the ones who end up in the top 3 when voting is concluded.
Maybe it would be cool to have a less open to interpretation theme one month. Something very direct and straightforward.

I never photoshop my submissions for 2 main reasons:
1) I prefer people to see what I can do with my camera rather than my computer
2) I don't have photoshop or the slightest idea how to use it! (hehe)

I think people should keep in mind that:
1) The competition is open to everyone, as it should be, which means there will possibly be a wide range of skill, from beginner to pro, and there is no need to knock the photos of lesser quality, just vote for your fav and leave it at that... even with 81 submissions it doesn't take that long to browse through them.
2) The range of subject interpretation by the participants is apparently no greater than that of the voters... 81 submissions and only 7 people could agree on any one submission.

Congrats to #9 & #44

Way to go #9 and #44!!!
I am just excited that someone voted for my photo. Thank you!

Just to give you all a heads up, the mods are in the process of deciding a winner for this month's challenge. You can expect the winner to be announced no later than Monday.

Thanks everyone.

Since I am far from a winning vote count with three, am I clear to post mine....Or should I wait for the anounced winner?

You can post your photo in another forum or state which photo is yours here. If you want to post your photo in this thread I don't have a problem with that, but I'd like you to wait until after the wining photo is posted first.

You can post your photo in another forum or state which photo is yours here. If you want to post your photo in this thread I don't have a problem with that, but I'd like you to wait until after the wining photo is posted first.

Oh I was gonna post it in another forum on site here, to be homnest I have alredy put it into my PL gallery so...

but mine was "Simplisity by design"

Congrats to everyone who participated this month. It was a huge turnout and it would seem everyone had a difficult time deciding a winner. It wasn't much easier for us mods, but we've decided that Photo09, "The Feather", is the winner of the Simplicity challenge.

Photo 9 was submitted by Bapp. Congratulations Bapp on the win. It is well deserved.

08MarchPhoto09-Feather
96-08MarchPhoto09-Feather.jpg

Congratulations should also go out to Joyride. Joyride submitted Photo 44, "The Pier", which is the runner-up for the March '08 challenge.

08MarchPhoto44-The Pier
96-08MarchPhoto44-ThePier.jpg

congratulations to both of ya =P

now i wanna know who took what =P

Hi....
Congras to Bapp ...
Very nice photo ,, welll deserved winner ,,
and thanks alot ot everyone who viewed and voted 4 my entry ,,, #29 ...
i'm really glad for my 4 votes ,,,
wish i could vote 4 myself to make them 5 :D
anyways ,,, it was a great experience ,,,
Thanx TPF (Y)

Most reactions

Back