Medium Format vs. DSLR?

I would say that the higher the number the NEWER (or even... more conveniant) the camera and not nessicarily better. yes the 40D has some features that the 30D doesn't but they just make my life easier really not better.

I am thinking about getting a Nikon D80 or something comparable to it.
Mav gave you some pretty good info. Architects and such like to see their buildings with nice straight lines. If you go without a tilt/shift lens you will get the trapezoidal effect (worm's eye view so to speak)

I am a hobbyist for now, but may try and make some money. The pics don't need to be immaculate, but I want them to look nice and don't want to invest too much money because it is not something that may just stay a hobby.

I am thinking about getting a Nikon D80 or something comparable to it. Any suggestions like?
In that case a used Rebel XT or XTi and the 18-55 kit lens for general walkaround use for $500 (new or used, whatever you can find), and that 24mm tilt shift for about a grand. You'd probably have to buy that new because they'd be exceptionally rare to find available used. I have no idea if you can get full shift and tilt with that lens on a Rebel body so you might want to research it a bit more.

Most reactions

Back