Messiest house you have been in?

Stehay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just for fun

A few years ago my bedroom was of coins , magazines and football cards on the floor.

6a08b219fa2839a64d90debd32509d90.500x280x85.gif

I was in a house being renovated once and the drywall dust, debris, building supplies and tools were so thick and cluttered, you literally could not walk through without moving several things. :)

I was in a house once that my client was looking at. Dogs had ruined the carpets so they just removed it and lived on the subflooring. Cabinet doors missing. Cracked and broken windows with the pieces still in between the panes. Hanging ceiling in the basement was sagging by a solid two feet or more, just hanging out in a basement with mold growing up the concrete walls and two young kids living down there. Those were the major items, so you can imagine what the minor items were like. My client went straight home and took a shower just because of that showing. They didn't buy it.

Oh man.. don't read this reply if you have a weak stomach. You asked the wrong question. Also, mildly NSFW:

I work as a Paramedic. I go into messy houses for a living, and I've seen a lot of nasty places I wouldn't let an animal live in. But one tops them all..

I got called to a house once for a woman having a diabetic problem. Pulling up, the house is well groomed and beautiful on the outside. It's in an upper class neighborhood, and they maintain their external appearance extremely well.

Inside the house lives an elderly lesbian couple, in their late 70s if I recall correctly, and their several dozen cats. The second you walk in the door, you smell the feces and cat piss. The carpets are stained and shredded, walls are scratched to hell. Furniture is stained, torn, and covered in old, ground in cat feces. The feces was on every surface, from the floor, to the sofa, to the kitchen counter next to the toaster.

Found the patient in bed unconscious and naked, with multiple piles of cat feces and vomit in the bed with her. There were sex toys on the night stand, leaning against cat feces. Normally, we treat hypoglycemic patients where we find them and then assist them in walking out of the house. But I couldn't stand the smell long enough to do so, and didn't want to risk infection starting an IV in that environment. We had to crawl into the nasty bed to help get the patient out, and carry her to the ambulance tripping over cats and dodging land mines the whole way.

The house was otherwise orderly and things in their place. They aren't hoarders. The cats just run the place from the looks of it. Their neighbors have no idea what's behind that front door.

But I'll never forget it, and anytime I feel like my house is a mess I just compare it to that image and suddenly feel like a really clean person again.

Oh man.. don't read this reply if you have a weak stomach. You asked the wrong question. Also, mildly NSFW:

I work as a Paramedic. I go into messy houses for a living, and I've seen a lot of nasty places I wouldn't let an animal live in. But one tops them all..

I got called to a house once for a woman having a diabetic problem. Pulling up, the house is well groomed and beautiful on the outside. It's in an upper class neighborhood, and they maintain their external appearance extremely well.

Inside the house lives an elderly lesbian couple, in their late 70s if I recall correctly, and their several dozen cats. The second you walk in the door, you smell the feces and cat piss. The carpets are stained and shredded, walls are scratched to hell. Furniture is stained, torn, and covered in old, ground in cat feces. The feces was on every surface, from the floor, to the sofa, to the kitchen counter next to the toaster.

Found the patient in bed unconscious and naked, with multiple piles of cat feces and vomit in the bed with her. There were sex toys on the night stand, leaning against cat feces. Normally, we treat hypoglycemic patients where we find them and then assist them in walking out of the house. But I couldn't stand the smell long enough to do so, and didn't want to risk infection starting an IV in that environment. We had to crawl into the nasty bed to help get the patient out, and carry her to the ambulance tripping over cats and dodging land mines the whole way.

The house was otherwise orderly and things in their place. They aren't hoarders. The cats just run the place from the looks of it. Their neighbors have no idea what's behind that front door.

But I'll never forget it, and anytime I feel like my house is a mess I just compare it to that image and suddenly feel like a really clean person again.
LOL That last line... the house was otherwise orderly and things in their place!

So, other than that one minor detail, how did you like your visit to Texas today, Mrs. Kennedy?

Most reactions

Back