Mid-air mess!

boris152

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone here experiment with high speed photography? I know these pictures don't quite qualify, but I have SO much fun doing these with my brother!

If anyone has similar "frozen motion" pictures I'd like to see them!

243239220_eac848d9f4.jpg

243239228_6114e86ceb.jpg

Hahaha I love them, did this involve a BB gun, used to do stuff like this a lot too!!!

Used to? Post them here if you still have them!

I dont mean taking photos... I just mean generally arsing around with a pellet gun lol...

Oh, damn. :) I've seen your website (i told you that a couple days ago). Witht the quality of pictures you take I was excited to see what you did like this! bah!

Yes, generally arsing around with a pellet gun is great fun!

I'm using too many exclamation points!

the first shot is great, however i would crop it to remove some excess background
Luke

What camera are you using? Did you use a continuous shot for this? I actually like the entire picture; you are able to see the full spray pattern.

The camera is a Canon Rebel XT (350d) with a 28-135mm lens. As for actually getting the shot, my brother and I timed our shots together, his with the pellet gun, mine with the camera. Counted down 3-2-1, then fire, with my finger pressing the shutter (manually focused to cut the delay) as the can was already exploding. This method worked better than about 60% of the time, as long as my brother managed to hit the can. I have a lot of pictures of the cans just sitting there. :)

Yeah, I like the spray pattern too, which is why I couldn't bring myself to crop much more than I did. But I still agree with kiwiluke; the background is really distracting. How to solve? Well, I do have a prime 50mm lens with an f/1.8 that can really blur the background, but to get the framing right I would have to move a lot closer to the target.

Hmmm . . . moving closer to a target getting shot with a pellet gun? I'm sorry, in the interest of safety, I'm afraid I refuse. :) Besides, who wants to risk Mt. Dew getting on a camera?

*edit* re-frame the shot to not include a distracting background? Oh. But that would be the easy way!

boris152 said:

Hmmm . . . moving closer to a target getting shot with a pellet gun? I'm sorry, in the interest of safety, I'm afraid I refuse. :) Besides, who wants to risk Mt. Dew getting on a camera?

*edit* re-frame the shot to not include a distracting background? Oh. But that would be the easy way!

What, no sense of adventure? j/k, i'm sure that would not be pleasant to clean up. What did that mean old Mt. Dew do to you anyway?

You shook it really good first right? we had a whole case of 2 year old generic root beer that we shot with .22s... fun times. I've seen a spoiled watermelon shot with a .270... i wish i had high speed pics of that... there was nothing left but melon mush...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back