J.Bat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jbatdesigns.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
nick-3.jpg

To me this looks like it is cropped in the wrong spot, I would like to see the arms crossed or at least visible. As well for a portrait the eyes are a little too strained.
I do like your composition and setting but it might be a touch dark.

As well it might be time to clean your sensor I can see dirt all over it.

first thing i noticed was sensor dust! lots of it! when your switching lenses be careful.

just seen your website, great pictures btw, but i noticed there was dust spots on some of the pictures too, thats kind of unprofessional.

That might not just be sensor dust, might also be some dirty on the glass on the lens that goes into the camera body as well as on the outer glass of the lens. Nothing some spot color in photoshop raw can't fix.

honestly don't like the environment or the vignette. i dont think either fit very well. and the vignette ruins your depth.

Love the style in this shot! I think it could use some cleanup and open the background slightly. Personally I have issues with not seeing his hands, but that is just me.

Your book is really good! This image fits in there perfectly. As a stand alone it is a little tough. It does not tell the full story.

Love & Bass

some would say a horizon cutting through your subjects head is a bad thing. and a lot of the old school portrait people will say you should see whites on both sides of the eyes . . . both of those are your call though.

you did a good job separating your background from your subject . . . maybe too much even.

but i think its fine, i don't love it but i also don't look at it and think "what a bad photo" . . .client prolly will like it.

That might not just be sensor dust, might also be some dirty on the glass on the lens that goes into the camera body as well as on the outer glass of the lens. Nothing some spot color in photoshop raw can't fix.

could be rear lens dirt but not likely. its definetly not front lens dirt, that doesnt show up usually, maybe alittle at f/22 but even then i dont think so.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back