models

yeah here are two issues:

1. I am rather ugly according to about 100% of girls. So they refuse to speak with me. Even my notetaker refuses to talk to me.
I'm sure you're pretty funny, don't be so self conscious, what's the worst that could happen, they say "no?". It happens, people say no, but you never know unless you ask!!

2. Girls here are also very shallow and very stupid.

That's fine! like what Village idiot said, They'll want to have pictures of themselves!

There are models to be had almost anywhere.

- Models dont have to be women, men model too
- Models can be found in your circle of friends
- Models can be found in your family

You don't need someone with a model mahem or a wannabe model to shoot with. You are looking for practice time as you learn, not getting a job with Vogue.

Now, if your family doesn't want to talk to you, you have no friends, you don't want to be labelled homosexual asking men to be models, you think you are ugly and can't go up to random women and ask and feel they are too mean to you to even consider asking, you are broke and can't take classes and don't have anything to present on a website to get models, don't or can't startup your own strobist or other photography group.....well....not sure what else you are looking from people here.

Maybe you can be your own model? Get a $20 remote, set your scene, place a dummy where you will stand to check focus and exposure, move the dummy and stand in its place, snap away.

Now, if your family doesn't want to talk to you, you have no friends, you don't want to be labelled homosexual asking men to be models, you think you are ugly and can't go up to random women and ask and feel they are too mean to you to even consider asking, you are broke and can't take classes and don't have anything to present on a website to get models, don't or can't startup your own strobist or other photography group.....well....not sure what else you are looking from people here.

Maybe you can be your own model? Get a $20 remote, set your scene, place a dummy where you will stand to check focus and exposure, move the dummy and stand in its place, snap away.

Oh that's so sad, there's so much opportunity there! It's kind of like saying "Get Confidence, Stupid!"

There are models to be had almost anywhere.

- Models dont have to be women, men model too
- Models can be found in your circle of friends
- Models can be found in your family

This is good advice -- I'd add one other thing: it doesn't have to be one-on-one.

Go up to a group of people -- hopefully people you know :er: -- and say that you're learning photography, would like to do a little group photoshoot, and would anyone be interested in being in the pictures?

Make it a group activity, even if each shot is only of one person at a time, and it's no longer a "weird one-on-one thing," but rather just a "group of friends doing a new thing together."

Now, when it does come time to ask a hot girl out, I strongly advise you to throw caution to the wind, suffer the slings and arrows of life, and go for it. :wink: But that's for another type of forum.

thanks ill try.

what about pentax k100d they always take a very long exposure for some reason. anyone know anything about them?

yeah here are two issues:

1. I am rather ugly according to about 100% of girls. So they refuse to speak with me. Even my notetaker refuses to talk to me.
2. Girls here are also very shallow and very stupid.

There is so much misinformation in this thread it should be closed.

I know for a fact:

No one is ugly.

Girls are not shallow and very stupid.

Hot lights (Tungsten) are an amazing tool. I have even used them for some my best modeling photos.

Model Mayhem does not suck. You need to network and build your book for it to work.

I have my own opinions about Strobist, but they are just my opinions not based on fact.

Love & Bass

thanks ill try.

what about pentax k100d they always take a very long exposure for some reason. anyone know anything about them?

Yeah, it's called aperture.

Maybe you should learn about general photography before trying to conquer lighting and then worry about models.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_0_22?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=understanding+exposure+by+bryan+peterson&sprefix=understanding+exposu&sprefix=understanding+exposure"]Amazon.com: understanding exposure by bryan peterson[/ame]

Yeah, it's called aperture.

Maybe you should learn about general photography before trying to conquer lighting and then worry about models.
see here is the thing, that doesn't work. im retarded. even when the lens is open as much as possible, it still takes a 3 sec exposure at best.

see here is the thing, that doesn't work. im retarded. even when the lens is open as much as possible, it still takes a 3 sec exposure at best.

Let me be honest... yes, there is a serious issue, but its not with the camera or lens... the issue is about 1 inch behind the camera. Learn the basics, get them down tothe point that it is as easy as walking, chewing gum and breathing at the same time.

Unless you can get to that level... you will never get any further.

Learn the basics.

has anyone who done model photography in the past had issues with models? such as them being really nasty or wanting lots of money per photo even though they had 0 experience?

Since I have experience on both sides of the industry, I definitly dont feel models should be paid for their shoots. When I was modeling, I got to the point where i had SO many TFP shoots, that I would no longer do them and I would only do paid shoots. There were a few Photographers that needed to upgrade their portfolios, so they would pay. Now taht Im a photographer, I would NEVER pay a model! There is WAYYY to much money / time spent into photography for a Photographer to have to pay the model. There are TONS of beautiful girls out there that would love to do a TFP shoot for the prints. So if i run across a high maintenance model wanting to be paid, I would just say no thanks and look for someone that is ok with TFP.... Unless they want to pay you of course.

I agree with the others -- learn the basics before you do anything else. But one quick note about the aperture -- when you say "the lens is open as much as possible," but you're still getting slow shutter speeds, do you mean that the aperture numbers are low or high?

Remember that with aperture, the lower the number, the wider the opening. It's a common mistake -- I'm just trying to guess at what could be going on, but that could be one problem you're running into. (Or not.)

I agree with the others -- learn the basics before you do anything else. But one quick note about the aperture -- when you say "the lens is open as much as possible," but you're still getting slow shutter speeds, do you mean that the aperture numbers are low or high?

Remember that with aperture, the lower the number, the wider the opening. It's a common mistake -- I'm just trying to guess at what could be going on, but that could be one problem you're running into. (Or not.)
no i know this and the lens is open as wide as possible full lighting too but still slow exposure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back