Money to be spend during college

--ares--

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Oxymoron right?

Well I might have a bit of money left after I pay tuition that I can justify spending and I was looking for a new lens for my D60. And I found this and I'm not sure what to think of it.

Tokina/nikon 80-200 2.8 Atx Lens

Its a dirt cheap 80-200, I was wondering if anyone can tell me a bit more about this. I already looked around in previous threads and on google, but I can't seem to find anything that gives me a definite answer. Like does it have autofocus? Or is it a push pull system?

Sorry if it is a stupid thread, but like always any help is appreciated!

4813758969_3e93f85067.jpg

and here is a nice photo of my dog.

There is a reason it only costs $134:

Adorama's Condition: G means:

Good
Appears to have been used very heavily with multiple dings, scrapes, scratches and heavy brassing. Glass may have fungus, excessive dust and/or scratches that can affect picture quality.

I added the underlining.

From Tokina's archives:

Tokina

No, it will not auto focus on your D60, there is no focus motor in the lens.

There is a reason it only costs $134:

Adorama's Condition: G means:

Good
Appears to have been used very heavily with multiple dings, scrapes, scratches and heavy brassing. Glass may have fungus, excessive dust and/or scratches that can affect picture quality.

I added the underlining.

From Tokina's archives:

Tokina

No, it will not auto focus on your D60, there is no focus motor in the lens.

Thanks for replying to my thread!

my question is, it is one of the newer lenses right? and even if it wasn't it is still a good idea to have some fast glass.

I'm not shooting professionally or for any point in particular other that for myself.

I hate to say that because savings accounts are jokes but, how about putting this money away. Retirement account?

I took it as by condition G the lens will still work, that is what I care about. Unless it has something growing in the barrel then I don't care if it is a little beat up.

Well, if it doesn't perform as you hope, or the fungus gets hungry and tries to eat you while you're sleeping, you should be able to sell it at school for about what you paid for it.

Adorama probably got it for $10.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back