Moon

RedDevilUK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
well i went and bought my new lens... Nikon 70-300 VR and as it was 10pm when i bought it, its too late to shoot much :(

so i lifted the camera and took 3 shots of the moon...as you do, its not even a clear night really but it doesnt look half bad :)

moon.jpg

It's pretty good, and I have a noob question: do you need a filter to take a photo of the moon?

probably.. but this was taken with no filter :)

its made me think what it would be like with a full moon though...

WOW, I have a 200mm for my Cannon, and Ive never got itnearly that big in frame! Is your camera digital?

Wow, thats a really great capture.

Very nice capture and shot-but too bad its not so sharp.
But its great capture;)
Keep up,
Nir .B.

answer to the second question- no, you dont need a filter, its probably easier without one because you can keep the iso down, and shutter speed fast. if you have any money laying around you may want to invest in a telescope, then you can take even better photos of the moon with higher clarity. I'm going to be blatantly honest here. I think its OK, but seems to be lacking a lot of sharpness except for the lower craters, so it doesnt really wow me like everyone else. I've sort of been into astrophotography for a couple years now though, so i've seen some truely impressive photos , but this isnt too bad for a first shot. keep it up and maybe try stacking frames and see if you get any more detail out of it.

Here's my attempt at shooting the moon

Moracca it's recommended you start another thread for your own images, to prevent hijacking of other people's threads. :)

Most reactions

Back