Moonlight?????

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I went on that "scenic route" this morning, with the intention of capturing a blue-sky-sun-only autumn photo of this very tree, but dang! had forgotten that I still had the white balance set to tungsten from my yesterdays photo session of the peanuts (see here: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=306694).
Only back home, upon loading the photos into the computer, did I find out that they were all this blue! :roll:

But hey, can I not just say this was taken during a moonlit night??? ;)

Mondlicht-Baum.jpg

Who needs to know that this was actually taken on a bright Sunday at 11:30 a.m., eh????

nice blue tree, i wounder what makes it blue like that, lol

toruonu said:
Or you could just compensate in Photoshop :D

Oh wow!
You can?

Well. Obviously you can! :D
Thank you!
So that is what I had hoped the photo would be like! Heehee.

Must get Photoshop! Must get Photoshop! (And learn how to use it! And learn how to use it!)

Well, tell you what:
we found the old CD with the copied (shhh) version of PS 3.0 and my son did manage to load the programme back into my computer and it runs. But I ... erm... am only just OVERWHELMED with everything there is. (And since it is a copied version that a friend of my son's gave us years ago, there IS NO HANDBOOK... !) :roll:

:confused: Have I got it all wrong but that 2nd PS shot looks like a glorious summers day to me not early morning Moonlight....... Is it me....?:lol:

Well, as I was saying: the photo was taken on a "glorious summer's day" (well, October, but during our "Golden October Days"), only had I forgotten to re-adjust the in-camera white balance from "tungsten" to "daylight", hence the blue colouring. Plus I deliberately underexposed this photo ... but in the end it was a "blooper" because it was not supposed to look like a night photo taken in moonlight, since it was not.
That is also why I am putting the question marks behind the title to this thread.
And this is why it is in "bloopers". See?
Mario (toruonu) only tried to show me that you can correct such errors in PS - if you can, that is ;). I can't. Don't understand all this PS at all........

Most reactions

Back