More spam

There is never a mod round when you need one..... :onthego:

Are there no mods on duty to delete all this spam...???

It seems that this guy just wants to fill up the whole forum, we really need to be able to act quicker in these circumstances..?

It looks like I am wasting my time this morning..???

Are there no mods on duty to delete all this spam...???
I suspect the mods are all in the US so fast asleep during our morning. Fortunately it's quite simple to ignore the spammers & return the forum to regular use. (Click on their user name & ignore is among the options in the pop up box)

These new accounts will no doubt be deleted by tonight, then a new set created for tomorrow... Changing the sign up procedure to require approval might be a simpler solution for moderators in the long run - though I've always found that a pain when wanting to sign up to a new forum.

I would bet that it is the same guys coming back every day with just a different log on....????

It seems that this guy just wants to fill up the whole forum, we really need to be able to act quicker in these circumstances..?

I've got a dollar that says it's not a guy, but a 'bot.

Whatever it is you need mods on both sides of the pond.....

Believe me, we are seeing it, as well, but please keep the time difference in mind; limr, square peg and I are on the east coast, so 5 or 6 hours earlier than the UK. Terri is a bit further west, but still the same time zone.

Also, I've moved this thread to the Off-Topic Discussion area, rather than Member Spotlight.

Can some members be granted 'ban-hammer only' privileges?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back