Morning Soldier

No problem :) Glad you liked it! I used a channel mixer layer, level, and brightness/contrast to do it...

I like the first one that Kalee did and I agree that the second one has a bit of noise. However, I all three versions that eromallagadnama did are too dark and loss of details. Hey you guy I think you did a great job. Here's a thought why don't we dark the sky a little bit and increae the contrast of the soldier so that the soldier stand out more than the sky. See you next time!

You are going for the any mother's son I believe giving any detail to the soldier in this photo will remove that feeling. The silhouette of the soldier is enough, saturate the sky.

I think I see a young man newly prepared, standing tall and full of confidence to take anything that comes his way. He is ready and waiting in this image.
Be Proud!
Dave D
Combat Medic USAR

If you're going to do silhouettes, do it; the problem with trying to do both is that often in trying to get detail in the face you end up with washed out colors and noise. The best image was the saturated color silhouette someone posted. I'd also like to see a strong figure -- if you move a foot to your left you might see a better profile. Silhouettes scream for strong shapes, and this one is close.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back