Most used mode?

Eyetattoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What mode do you usually shoot in? Ive been using apeture mode mostly but have been playing around with shutter and manual. I try to stay away from the Autos because I want to learn how to do it on my own.

You got it then. I used aperture priority for almost everything but when I want those nice water shots i throw it on shutter or manual and when you're in a controlled environment manual is what to use. And manual is good for night photography if you need longer than 30 seconds and put it on bulb. GL
Tj

I always use manual. I can't stand using aperture priority or anything full auto. I even choose manual white balance 70% of the time. I just never like having to mess with metering. I take a shot, look at it on the screen (make sure to use the histogram!!!) and decide whether I need another and whether I need a different aperture or shutter speed.

I use the search mode a lot. It's awesome, you should try it

Not saying manual mode doesn't work, but it's not always the best option (takes time for one thing). If all you're doing is adjusting the exposure to be 'correct' you can let the camera do this automatically or use exposure compensation and have almost instant feedback.

'Complete control'

AKA a waste of time if all you are doing is zeroing the exposure if you ask me. It has its purpose, however it's not the only way to fly and have control either.

I really don't understand that point, but whatever works for you - I guess that's what mattes in the end.

Sometimes it seems as those who shoot all manual, all the time have a chip on their shoulder.

No offense to those who just prefer it, but I get a bad vibe in these kinds of threads that just screams superiority complex.

Not saying manual mode doesn't work, but it's not always the best option (takes time for one thing). If all you're doing is adjusting the exposure to be 'correct' you can let the camera do this automatically or use exposure compensation and have almost instant feedback.

If it takes you time to use manual then you need to use it more, it is second nature to me. What other reason would manual not be the best option?

I have instant feedback all the time because I set my exposure. Isn't that the point of photography? That you and not your camera is the photographer?

It works for you, perfect... it works for me as well, but like I said - if all I'm doing is adjusting my aperture to f/2.8 and matching my shutter speed for a proper exposure, why bother - the camera can do the same thing instantly. I don't care how fast you are, the camera can do it faster with the same end result.

But now that we're on the subject it serves as a reminder to me it's about time for my week long manual only challenge I try to get in now and then just as a 'get re-aquainted with my camera' session. :D

It works for you, perfect... it works for me as well, but like I said - if all I'm doing is adjusting my aperture to f/2.8 and matching my shutter speed for a proper exposure, why bother - the camera can do the same thing instantly. I don't care how fast you are, the camera can do it faster with the same end result.

I'm not going to change modes just so the camera can do it for me. You still didn't tell me the other reasons that manual isn't the best option.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back