mostly automotive - my photos

Yeah he's ordered the D800, not due till the end of March he was telling me. I've managed to get his D300 of him and his sigma 70-200 2.8 and 10-20 as he's just bought the nikon 70-200 2.8 and a nikon 20mm prime bonus. I'll defo let you know what he thinks of it cause he'll have more of a clue than me haha.

I had the D300 before the D700. Wonderfull camera! I used the nikkor 16-85 VR on for most shoots, and was very happy with it.

Last one for now I think...

inconsulting07.jpg

Your car photography and post production are simply amazing. As for the 55' Chevy Belair (?), it brings back some great memories from my youth what seems like a million years ago. All your skies are just tremendous. Love your Red Bull & Vodka.

JOEL_W: Thank you. If I can choose, I always tro to do shoots when it's cloudy. It brings a bit more drama to the pictures, and looks better then just clear blue skies.

FOXX: You can ask me anything, as long as it's not about how I edit my pictures ;) It's all self taught over several years and I just don't discuss it for several reasons - the big one beeing the talentless copycats I'll eventually get by sharing my workflow. But if you've got some questions about what gear I use or whatever - anything not related to post processing - just ask and I'll do my best to answer!

just freaking amazing. Thanks for sharing- I have been looking forward to your post for weeks now =) fantastic as always.. thanks for the update

Nice new motor. Z3M I'm guessing,bet it lights them back tyres up nice. Looks like another excellent photo, looks like a real clean motor.

CHRIS1302: It's "only" a 2.8L. The previous owner mounted the z3m side grills (or whatever they're called). It also has an m-sport engine cover. If it wouldn't cost me anything, I'd remove them both.

HRGAGAN: Thank you!

Nothing special, just an old picture re-edited:
jr06v2.jpg

And something new from 2 days ago... The E30 is almost ready. M5 engine in place, just missing the ESS supercharger + some parts here and there:
inconsulting10.jpg

The end results are fabulous, but...

How much is photography and how much is photoshop skills? I don't mean any disrespect, believe me, the shots are gorgeous, but I sort of have a hang up about when does it cease to be photography and become "arftifically" created, if you get what I mean?

Make no mistake, I'd love to have the same PS skills, but....are you a photographer or a graphic artist? The years of teaching yourself photoshop have paid off, you're really good with it.

Last edited:
Here's the thing - and I'm going to be a bit blunt about this (and generalize a LOT :))- there are generally two kinds of people taking pictures: those who do a bit of post processing with photoshop - and then there's those who don't know how to use photoshop and complain about the pictures from those who do, all while letting their camera do their post processing for them on their JPEG's - or excusing themselves by saying "oh well, I just adjust saturation and contrast in lightroom so my pictures are real".

If you only shoot RAW and add nothing to your images, I'll be very very surprised. Because that's an honest image. An honest very very booring image.

And I'm not trying to be an a-hole about this, it's just that what you're saying has been said so many times before. And it's always by some one who does "a bit" of post processing, or shoots jpegs, and says in a round about way that people like me, who have learned a bit more post processing than they themselves have, suddenly arn't photographers because we "create" images. As if we can magically take a turd and polish it into gold. And that is irritating because it's just wrong. Do I enhance my images with post processing? Sure, just like you do - and 99.99% of everyone else does, either in-camera or slight adjustments in programs like lightroom. But just because I've spent years improving my post processing, I'm suddenly not a photographer. Because I know more post processing than you do, and that makes me not a photographer because I cross that line where your knowledge of post processing ends.

See what I'm getting at here? I know emotions is kinda hard trying to convey over the internet, so let me say this so there's no needless internet rage about this: I'm not mad, and I don't try to talk down to you or be an a-hole about this. I'm just trying to make a point from my side of the table. If you feel offended, that's not my intention what so ever.

^^Word.

I've tried to explain that before, but you did much better than I!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back