Mourning Jordan (Part 2)

Efergoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have no manner of luck at all.

I went out to reshoot my ghost pictures, and thought I had it nailed, but when it came time to print, I found that my poor night vision fouled up the focus...

The last set I shot, I used F32 and F22 to lengthen the time of exposure and give more depth. My professor suggested that I use a larger aperature to make a more shallow depth to keep the focus on the subjects.

Well, I focused too shallow, and while I would have been happy with a soft focus, my female subject is plain ol' out of focus.

Phooey!

ghost5a.jpg

Awww.
She does look very sad. I much much appreciate that. She expresses the "mourning" very well.
Your "ghost of Jordan" is a bit "thin" and "whispy" here, he was much better to be seen in the other photo. He face does become more pronounced where her dark hair and a dark part of background help his face (nice move, the kiss on the head) to get some more definition, but one really had to look for him elsewhere. Was that part of your plan?

It was my intention to make "Jordan" more translucent, but not quite this much. I took adivce given by those who saw the first shot and dressed him totally in black so he would come in thinner and less defined.

The metal rings on his boots came through lound and clear, though, didn't they?

I do like this series and the effort you have put in them. However, with your night vision, have you thought about taking a flashlight with you to use that to help with your focus? You just turn it on when you need to focus and then turn it off when you do your exposure.

Most reactions

Back