Mourning Jordan

Efergoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Gotta reshoot this one, but I wanted to share....
I actually made someone cry with this photo today.

GhostProject1.jpg

Great idea! Why is it that his right hand is solid? Is that because her sweater is black and it doesn't reflect the light?
Love to see the new shot.

pascal

Yup. The light hand + dark sweater eaquals solid paw.

I have another shot where she has her head resting on her knees. Her face didn't move in that one, but his pose was standing behind the stone, leaning on it, looking down at her. I loved the composition of that one, but his head was solid with the trees behind him. It looked creepy, and that wasn't what I was going for.

This shot has actually given me inspiration for a series, a whole body of work using these two subjects.

When I reshoot this particular shot, I'm going to have her dressed in a light colored dress (lighter than 18% gray), seated as she is now with the side of her face resting on her knees, he will be dressed in all black. I'm going to shoot it will slower film earlier in the day to reduce exposure time as to reduce the risk of movement.

This shot was taken well after sunset. The total exposure time was 5 minutes using Ilford film 400ISO. He was in the shot for 2 minutes, she was in for another 3 minutes
I want to get the exposure time down to one minute.

edited for spelling

Really nice concept. And we have to go through these small problems to get the stunning results we want. I'm sure you will post your final attempt, and i'm quite excited..

Nice concept and well done. LIke what's been mentioned before, the only problem I have his with his hand. Just kinda sitting there.

Yes, this photo is still really great even if its not perfect. I would love to see your new one's when you get to them.

Great concept and a really nice shot. I'd love to see more of this style, please post some.

rp1600 said:
...the only problem I have his with his hand. Just kinda sitting there.

Yeah, kinda reminds me of "Thing" from the Adams Family TV show.

The reshoot with the femal subject in white clothing should resolve the hand issue.

I reshot this photo tonight using the suggestions posted here. I bollixed the last two frames of the roll by failing to wind the film, but I should have some good shots to post tomorrow night after I develop tomorrow afternoon. :D

Most reactions

Back