Mrs. H - probably NSFW

Not loving it.. I like the idea but its just not quite there I think. The wrinkled brow bugs me.. and its in so close that I actually found myself tilting my head off into some completely unnatural position trying to SEE her face or something. The little "belt" across the cover being slid up with the white between always drives me bonkers too.. I always make sure my husbands is pushed down. lol

30 comments.

If nothing else, this shot was worth the discussion.

Any comments on others from this series, as seen on flickr?

Com'on, I know y'all saw them. Give it to me ;)

ya, I think 225 is the best of the set. Naturally beautiful expression, fits the pose and wardrobe. Light is still a bit on the harsh side. I may have missed it, did you describe your lighting? Single light reflected? BD?

Yep, single flash with either black/silver reflective or white shoot thru umbrella.

I really want a big ass softbox.

a white umbrella (reflected) can give really nice results but you'll want it as close as you can get it.

any chance this Is female/man separation? I don't know many men that could shoot other men in this capacity, nor do baby shots or mothering photos in the capacity or near the quality of most women photographers. the ones that do I wonder if it is something that they work at as it doesn't come naturally. so perhaps if you shot men you might find this much easier as it must be a challenge visually for something you just aren't naturally keen on? And no, I am not trying to be sexist it just occurs to me that there is some natural play in how one perceives things. don't flame me please...

for some reason if given a man model I think you would have done better here.

Nobody seems to have thought about the question, so I'm going to repeat it:

Who's hat is that? In this photo. And who's hat is it, in a fluffy pink standard boudoir photo?

some of the VERY BEST boudoir shooters are women. ;)
I didn't know that trevor thanks for the head up. Any famous names?
Sue Bryce, for one. She's amazing.

The umbrella was close, but perhaps it should have been closer. For the seamless, I used the reflective umbrella, primarily.

Nobody seems to have thought about the question, so I'm going to repeat it:

Who's hat is that? In this photo. And who's hat is it, in a fluffy pink standard boudoir photo?
Her husbands. She is also deactive USMC, but works for the Corps as a civ.

But its possible I'm not understanding the implication behind your question.

Here's my favorite from a recent boudoir session:

I like the composition, but the slightly furrowed brow makes me think she is not relaxed, and reminds me she is posing, and that takes away from the effect.
I've not done any retouching yet. This has basic RAW adjustments and has been cropped. I plan to smooth out the brow along w basic retouching on the rest of the set.

I have many more from this shoot not posted here or flickr. The favorites see to be my least favorite, so I'm thinking about posting others I'm not as fond of, for experiments sake.

I actually just now went to peek at the others.. lol 225 is nice! I really like that one, playful..cute.. the makers mark just come across as not classy boudoir, sorry. ;\ I think overall most of those could really benefit from more skin smoothing. She's gorgeous but a lot of those seem to really magnify imperfections and lack the softness and "glam" feel that I'd expect of boudoir. Hats off to you for even shooting this style though.. for real, I'm terrified of boudoir. lol

I'm asking how the photo reads.

With the hard, edgy, look it could as easily be hers as his. Which is pretty cool.

If you made the picture all fluffy and soft and pink, it would read as his hat. Which is a lot less interesting.

Who's hat it literally is, doesn't really matter.

I actually just now went to peek at the others.. lol 225 is nice! I really like that one, playful..cute.. the makers mark just come across as not classy boudoir, sorry. ;\ I think overall most of those could really benefit from more skin smoothing. She's gorgeous but a lot of those seem to really magnify imperfections and lack the softness and "glam" feel that I'd expect of boudoir. Hats off to you for even shooting this style though.. for real, I'm terrified of boudoir. lol

We weren't going for classy ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back