TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my 1000th photo taken with my camera. I know I was excited. :lol:
IMG_1000.jpg

I would go with a higher f-stop to create a greater DOF to encompass the whole flower and it seems a tad underexposed.

Nice picture, get excited....after all it is your 1000th. I don't yet understand the whole Apperature/Dof/f stop thinmgs yet but i am getting there. lol

Yeah, don't get too excited you need to work on the apertures for the right amount of DOF. H

So kind of you to rain on my parade! :lmao:

It's cool! I KNOW I've got a lot of learning to do, but this parade is just simply to celebrate the number.

Nice picture, get excited....after all it is your 1000th. I don't yet understand the whole Apperature/Dof/f stop thinmgs yet but i am getting there. lol

Unfortunately that was the highest F# my lens has. I am saving up for a new lens.

Edit:

2z82kh4.jpg

Tiny pic brought the exposure up more than originally edited, but you can see a little bit more detail and pop here. Play around with it a little bit until you get it right.

Unfortunately that was the highest F# my lens has. I am saving up for a new lens.
Nah, you shot that at f/5.6. You need to shoot it like f/8 or 11. I know you have that.

Nah, you shot that at f/5.6. You need to shoot it like f/8 or 11. I know you have that.

Yep. The 5.6 on the long side of your lens simply means f5.6 is the "fastest" or as "open" an fstop you can shoot with at that length.

Higher F-stop = smaller opening ... greater DOF.

Low F-stop # = Larger opening ... smaller DOF.

--Like said up top, I'm sure your lense goes higher than 5.6

Only, 9000 more to go! ;)

One school of thought, is that it takes at least 10,000 photo's to learn just the basics of photography.

i disagree with the above and find dof to be tasteful here. The OP merely wanted to highlight the center of the flower. Whats the point of always having EVERYTHING in focus?

Your getting totally mixed up here, Harry meant you need to use a higher number F stop= smaller aperture not larger to give you more of the flower in focus, i have notice over the last few months that people are going mad about shallow DOF it doesn't always work like your flower shot

i disagree with the above and find dof to be tasteful here. The OP merely wanted to highlight the center of the flower. Whats the point of always having EVERYTHING in focus?
The flower is the main subject. The center of the flower is a subsidary subject.

The DOF can be selected so the entire flower is in focus, but not the background so EVERYTHING would not be in focus, just the flower.

Shallow DOF is more often way over done, than done well.

I agree the DOF was to shallow in the OP's photo. I also wonder if the camera used has a DOF preview button, and if it does, was it used to help compose the photo?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back