My 800mm came in today

Wait... exactly what kind of lens is that? 800mm? that had to cost a fortune?

The new one is $18,xxx. You can get a used manual focus one for around $3-4,000.

I told the wife if i dont like manual focus ,i was gonna get the new AF-S .She said Honey Do what you gotta do .She dont mind what so ever.

Having the strap on your camera as if you were going to carry that thing around your neck is quite funny.

I bet handheld isn't bad at all, ehh?

Having the strap on your camera as if you were going to carry that thing around your neck is quite funny.

I bet handheld isn't bad at all, ehh?

No i left strap on ,Didnt felt like taking off.

let's see some images with it already.

What a beast

Another day, still waiting for some shots with this baby. :drool:

i prefer to focus manually anyone else feel this way?

I like manual focus if things are way off in the distance ,Shooting animals ,it gives me some time to focus on animals .Close they would be gone in a instant with this non auto focus ,
I still like the auto focus .lol

Maybe i got this from hunting but i seem to have a knack for focusing on moving targets up close... i just try to look for something to stand out on their face as i focus, the moment i see detail i click

edit... most of my lenses are pre-autofocus so im kinda forced in to it, but even when i am using the auto lenses... i just feel better about my pictures if they turn out if it was all me

Maybe i got this from hunting but i seem to have a knack for focusing on moving targets up close... i just try to look for something to stand out on their face as i focus, the moment i see detail i click

edit... most of my lenses are pre-autofocus so im kinda forced in to it, but even when i am using the auto lenses... i just feel better about my pictures if they turn out if it was all me

I wouldnt want to carry the 800mm ,no way, to shoot pictures with manual focus.
With auto focus, much easier to shoot with out having to worry if im focused or not.

i would imagine that you could only really use that lens with a tripod

i would imagine that you could only really use that lens with a tripod

Yes tripod only glass .for me any how .
I did shoot a new nikon 800mm the other day free hand and it is fast to focus.But id still use a tripod with it .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back