My Best Man

Zansho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mjsamaripa.livejournal.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I'm about to get married soon, on October 10th. My best friend Anthony came over and we were just chatting it up in the garage at his house, and I had some camera equipment with me - my norman 200B and a softbox that I cobbled to work with the 200B.

He just grabbed a chainsaw and posed lol, and we just fooled around a bit in the mock studio to take some pics, and I got to test a few things on my normans.

Anyway, here goes. On a second look, I probably should have used a reflector to get some detail in his shirt and back, and part of his arm. Alas!

2388818366_66b76b223f.jpg

m

2387988023_52cc01a52e.jpg

2387988465_6542ba9ece.jpg

I think it's clear you have some talent and I don't so much mind the shadowing in these. I often shoot with one large light source like this and I think shadows can be your friend if used properly. I don't so much like the post work in number two but think #three works well.

Really, if it was up to me, I'd have shot these using my speedotrons. I was using my little bitty norman 200B's for this shot lol.

Great pictures! Muscled guys + power tools = HOT! Don't worry about the shadows, I didn't find them to be a distraction. My favorite is the first one. The second one doesn't do much for me because I like to see people's faces in pictures (unless it's very low-key and supposed to have a mysterious feel to it). I don't know what's going on in the third but it's funny. Looks like he wants to strangle the chainsaw!

Hellooooo Anthony, hehe.

Seriously though, you rock. You always amaze me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back