My ditch the sony challenge. (aka, no shot is a wasted shot)

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, my goal this week is to shoot every day with my nikon and consider no shot wasted. I figured I would start a thread and post the best shot or two of the day, to hopefully keep me committed. All shots are open to C&C as always!

I saw the pretty clouds peeking through the window this morning. Usually I would have stayed in bed and not given it another thought, but I figured it would be a good way to start the challenge.

Unfortunately, my brain is unreliable at 6:30 am with freezing wind and no jacket (Didn't want to risk missing the light so I ran) and I shot everything at f4.5 OOPS!

Posting one anyways as the dawn of a new challenge.
15254089334_76725ae4e6_b.jpg

Gorgeous sky!

Nice shot Jazzie!

Thanks, guys! It was definitely a wonderful sight to wake up to. 9° and high wind warning or not. :)

Wow.
Vastly different view from what I see when I look out my window first thing in the morning.
Usually it's my next door neighbor choking on a Newport clutching his chest while he coughs and tries to keep his false teeth from flying out of his head.
I like your view better.

Nine degrees?!? No jacket?!? What dedication. I could envision my wife rolling her eyes and going back to sleep if I did something like that.
We'll had I KNOWN it was 9° and freezing I may not have gone out. It was a chilling surprise. Lol
Wow.
Vastly different view from what I see when I look out my window first thing in the morning.
Usually it's my next door neighbor choking on a Newport clutching his chest while he coughs and tries to keep his false teeth from flying out of his head.
I like your view better.
I feel pretty lucky. Our last view was the back of king snoopers (a grocery store) I was awaken at 6 am 3-5 days a week to the beautiful sound of truckers blaring on their horns so they didn't have to walk up to the delivery door and ring the door bell. I shall never take this view it for granted.

Nice view and nice picture. At the front of my house, I have a similar nice dawn view, but it is marred by telephone wires and chimneys. However, I may try and emulate you.

John

What's wrong with f/4.5? As a matter of fact, f/4.5 and I used to be drinking buddies!

Nice view and nice picture. At the front of my house, I have a similar nice dawn view, but it is marred by telephone wires and chimneys. However, I may try and emulate you.

John

Thank you! I would love to see your view. When you post it, let me know so I dont miss it!
What's wrong with f/4.5? As a matter of fact, f/4.5 and I used to be drinking buddies!
Oh, I dunno. I just always *thought* landscapes should be shot at like f9-f16 ish? And its not very sharp when you see the original file. *shrug*

Thank you!

I had a fling with f/4.5 in college, but I was in kind of a discovery phase, and I was away from home for the first time, and essentially lonely ... it only lasted a couple of weeks, until we both realized I could never tell my parents.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back