My Encounter With The Penguin!

That bloody Bear gets everywhere!
He's travelled further than I have :lol:
Well it's not like we didn't ask you repeatedly to travel to Germany for the meetup!
beee.gif

Sooooo....... I'm guessing that by this weekend you will have posted some of your shots? eh...eh...eh...
Ummm, don't you remember how long it took me to post shots from the Germany meetup?
blushing.gif

Here's one, from the day we saw the sunrise:
dscn4132prhk6.jpg

Nice images :) And I am sure you had lots of fun :)

Wow, Anty!
What an experience. What a journey!
I so hope that one day I'll get the chance to see the Grand Canyon with my own eyes (and maybe through the camera lens, too, maybe?), too. Must be a wonderful sight! But so far I haven't got the faintest idea of WHEN that might be.

Meanwhile, the two of you keep posting your pics. You also took some of each other? Or were you both (all three of you) so taken in by the beauty of your surroundings that you forgot to take photos of yourselves? Or have the camera take one of all of you on timer?

Love your sunrise shot, Anty!

Awww, thanks! It was so beautiful the way the sun lit up the canyon bit by bit.

Oh your photo is gorgeous Anty :) I can't wait to see more.

Well, we were talking about security precautions a woman could take, which led to talk of a switchblade knife, and I mentioned I'd never seen one (I think they're illegal in Canada). MissMia's husband happened to have one in the vehicle, and handed it to me to see. He warned me to hold onto it tightly, but when I pushed the button and the blade flipped out so quickly, it startled me and I dropped it. Onto my leg. [Luckily it didn't stick into me, or even cut me deeply enough to draw blood.]

knife.gif

I'm still horrified about that! :blushing: I'm so glad no one was hurt!

Wow, MissMia, beautiful canyon pix. I love the light in canyon pic number 2. Where are the pics of Anti? Did you check out the Route 66 Diner in Williams?

Thanks Ian! I never took the 10-20 off my camera so I really didn't take any photos of us. Hubby did take a few shots with Anty's camera.

Ummm, don't you remember how long it took me to post shots from the Germany meetup?
blushing.gif

Here's one, from the day we saw the sunrise:
dscn4132prhk6.jpg

Gorgeous Anty!!!!!

Wow, Anty!
What an experience. What a journey!
I so hope that one day I'll get the chance to see the Grand Canyon with my own eyes (and maybe through the camera lens, too, maybe?), too. Must be a wonderful sight! But so far I haven't got the faintest idea of WHEN that might be.

Meanwhile, the two of you keep posting your pics. You also took some of each other? Or were you both (all three of you) so taken in by the beauty of your surroundings that you forgot to take photos of yourselves? Or have the camera take one of all of you on timer?

Please let us know if you do head this way. I'd be happy to meet up with you!

**** I'll post more photos over the weekend! :mrgreen:

This is a 30 sec exposure from Saturday night. The light across the canyon is the lodge at the North Rim. The lights below are hikers.

DSC_0018-HeadingBack.jpg

Those last two are great. I love the purple car. Didn't see many on the Bright Angel Trail at night when I was there a few weeks ago, but it was pretty hot.

This was a sweet moment on Saturday. I can't believe their photographer didn't notice the huge shadow on her dress!

DSC_0019-2-Wedding.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back