My First Family Portrait Work (CC)

Braineack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Enjoyed the weekend with my wife's sister and family. I had my camera and was shooting pics of the little ones when I was asked to get one of the family.

I know it's not perfect, but I'm fairly pleased with it. One thing I noticed after the fact was I shot at 3.2 instead of the 5.6 I thought I was at, so the father is a little soft. I also dont like where I position them since the white house in the background is distracting. And I should have removed the flower pot. Still all in all, they were happy with it, so I guess that's all that counts.

The Motes by BraineackPhoto, on Flickr

Exposure0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperturef/3.2
Focal Length85 mm
ISO Speed

SB-700 was on the camera and in use, didn't feel like getting the umbrella and triggers out. Backs were to the sun, and it was 4:00pm when shot.

I got one of my niece to share as well. Kicking myself I didn't notice the bowl full of snacks next to her before I took it:

Julia on Deck by BraineackPhoto, on Flickr

a bit, it's edited if that's what you're asking.

here's with simple edits:

$LunchwithJulianadMax-14.jpg

Good job, it's a nice image, and most importantly you recognized the couple of minor issues yourself!

Nice couple of shots!

The second photo is very nice. As far as the first image is concerned, I'd agree that the house is a little bit distracting. What's more distracting to me though is the catchlight directly in the center of their eyes, I'd recommend shooting off-camera with your strobe/flash for a more appealing image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back