My first HDR attempt

RonRdRcr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I still need to play with some areas that are a little overexposed, but I think it came out fairly nice. C&C please.

Ron

IMG_9028_29_30_tonemapped-Edit-2.jpg

Well thank you. I do think it came out pretty good.

I still need to work on that lower left side though.

Ron

Its a great first attempt, but definatly needs work.

The colour isn't consistent throughout the image. There is a patch of green in the middle right hand side that is way greener than the rest.

I also find the tops of the trees are unnaturally dark when compared with the rest of the image. The bigger tree on the right hand side seems to have some sort of halo behind it.

The mountains in the back on the left and right are bluer than the mountains in the middle

I really like the clouds, but I find they could be punched a bit more to have them pop

In terms of image composition, I'm not liking your location choice. I like the winding river, mountains and clouds, but not liking the foreground trees. Anyway you can do a bit of hiking and make your way lower down to get in front of those trees?
How did you bracket the shot? When I first did some HDR, I just used the camera autobracket (-2, 0, +2). I still do when I'm hand holding. But now I tend to manually bracket a shot. Put the camera in AV mode, mounted on a tripod and shoot to get your EV values. I end up shooting some at -3, -1, +1. Or even 4 shots

Keep up the work! HDR can be a fun tool to add to a photographers tool belt, but its not the easiest thing to master and its even harder to find the right scene to use it in.

I wish I could hike down, but there is a very high traffic two lane road just below where I was standing, then a 500 ft drop to the city dump...lol

I did the AEB with a plus and minus 2, but like you said I still need to work on it a lot. I just got photomatix and lightroom yesterday so I'm still trying to figure them out. The only things I've ever really done in PS is black and whites. Trying to learn a lot there too.

thanks for the C&C

Ron

Most reactions

New Topics

Back