My first pic post... View from my back window

petchy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, a little nervously, I thought I'd better just jump in the deep end and post a pic. After all I can only get better if I get constructive feedback I guess! Please be gentle with the newbie who never held a DSLR until 2 weeks ago!

I am having a really great time getting to know my new camera, but I still have so much to learn and am really excited by that prospect, although I get a tad frustrated that I don't achieve the results I want instantly... Impatient? Me?? Never! :lol:

Enough procrastinating, here is a pic I took on my first day of playing with my new camera. It's the view from my back window, and I love that car it's so funky!

boblebil.jpg

Nice job! However, take that with a grain of salt, I'm exactly like you...just a noob.

I think the strengths of this photo are: lighting (seems good to me!) and the contrast of the car to the building . Also, the window seems intriguing, for some reason. I like it. :thumbup:

I *really* like this shot!! The lines and composition are great.. your exposure seems great! You might be able to do a little more post processing work, such as a little more contrast to make that red car "pop", and maybe crop out some of the space off the bottom (dunno how it will actually look, but worth a try)

Anyway, GREAT job!!!

I *really* like this shot!! The lines and composition are great.. your exposure seems great! You might be able to do a little more post processing work, such as a little more contrast to make that red car "pop", and maybe crop out some of the space off the bottom (dunno how it will actually look, but worth a try)

Anyway, GREAT job!!!

Anyway, GREAT job!!!og

i don't know. some more editing you could try, but it's so smooth right now. i dont know if id change the contrast (i love it right there) by mabey try a few dif crops and focus on a few dif parts of the pic. but i like it as is.

One thing you could try is cropping it so that you just have part of the bug and the dirt road. I think that would make a neat picture. Good job!

Thanks guys :D

The lines and composition are great..

I guess being a graphic designer I kinda get the feel for composition "for free"... (That and photoshop skills ;)) Which is fab seing as I am such a noob when it comes to the actual technical part of things!!! :lol:

Think I will take up on some of your suggestions to crop a bit more. I already played with saturaton and the likes and am quite happy with that as is.

It is very nicely spotted, the colours are vibrant and lovely, I really like the fact that the light above the door is burning ... but in this overall really pleasing composition I don't like the dark triangle in the upper right corner. If you can crop that out but want to stay with the usual print ratio, you could also crop in from below and remove that bit of smooth light grey at the bottom. Whatever you do, try to keep in the photo the light above the door and as much of the yellow blinds as you can.

Oh, and congrats to being so brave as to post a photo (this is a photography forum, after all :wink: ) ... and welcome to ThePhotoForum :D :D :D!

I agree with LaFoto about the light. That really warms it for me. It looks overcast, like cloudy and about to rain. I like this a lot. Good setting! I think I'm looking for genial...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back