My First Pics

Metimbo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
home.midsouth.rr.com
Hi everyone. My Fuji S7000 just came in on Friday. I have never taken Artsy-Fartsy pictures before, but I think it will be fun to learn. Suggestions welcome. Need the pointers, hehe.
~Tim

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Hi, Metimbo! You will doubtless hear more of this, but....your #3 pic is beautiful. I love the tight crop. Well done!!

I agree. #3 is great. Mess with some lighting and contrast and you will have an even more priceless picture.

I think #4 has potential with a longer shutter. be nice to see a little more detail of the face. the face and chair just mix a bit much. You are on the rite track. Keep posting!

Enjoy the camera. :D

Thanks everyone. The top 2 are a couple pics for my dad's website (he's a DJ of course).

I messed around with some adjustments (need PS tho).
First_Pics_048-2.jpg

This is the original of this one...not sure what to do with it..
First_Pics_057.jpg

Why do my pics look so "grainy"? Is it b/c they are Jpegs?
~Tim

lovely work Metimbo, i'll go with number 3 as well, i prefer the lighter post, but see if you can get a copy of ps from someone ;)

i like the colours in # 2, i think a macro of it may work better.

great stuff mate!

I was curious about what could be done with that fourth pic, so after giving the damp mongoose some more exercise, I played around with it a little.

I changed it to greyscale to make it easier to work with. There is some information there in the shadows, but not enough to do anything with:

First_Pics_057-mod1.jpg

Still, I liked that line of light tracing the countour of the subject's face, so I used the magnetic lasso to seperate her face from the window and the right side of the image. Then I applied a curve to her face within that selection to lighten it a touch. Next I burned in the light area in the lower right so that it wouldn't compete with the highlight of the face, and then I cropped out all that black on the left, since it wasn't adding anything important to the image (in my view). I used more of a rectangular crop this time. ;)

First_Pics_057-mod2.jpg

I think the crop could be fiddle with some more, but as a quickie this gives the idea of what I was going after.

Wow mark... I like that second one you worked on.... Do you DO anything else? Well, I'm glad you take the time to work with the pictures. I learn so much more by actually seeing what you are talking about. Thanks man!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back