My first wedding coming up in a month

Status
Not open for further replies.

SethAlbritton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Oh My a 3 month old photographer doing a whole wedding OH NO!!!!!!!!

It's the end of the world!!!!!!

I feel the hate coming on, However, I also feel the love of getting money getting close and the new d700 and fisheye lens coming... ahahaha I love how photography makes money appear

I have seven weddings so far set up. I want money money money. I'm trying to figure out what else you can charge for.

I currently charge for a custom 20 page book with a custom front cover, invitations, and thank you cards.

What else is a way you guys get money out of your clients?

Also, when you guys are allowed to use flash, do you guys set up lights by the alter or do you guys just use one camera flash. I hate putting my flash on my camera.

Also, how much are you guys in the front doing the shooting while the actual wedding is happening. I do not have a 70 200. I will by my third wedding, so for right now I'm going to have to make a fool of my self and get in the front. Sucks!

I know no one should shoot a wedding three months in, however, when you have alot of people asking you to and they have alot of money. It's hard to say no. I also shoot five times a week, I'm not intimidated at all by a wedding. Am I the best photographer in the world. No but I'm plenty good enough to compete in my market.

Any help is appreciated, if you want to tell me I should wait twenty years before I shoot a wedding, thanks but this wedding is buying me a d700 and the fish eye I want, so stick that advice up your butt.

If you have real advice, Awesome and thanks for sharing it with me.

Are there seriously photographers out there shooting weddings with this attitude?

Whatever your motivation, passion, and drive is for shooting, it will show through in your results. If you're in this because you love taking pictures and being a part of the most important day of peoples lives- that's what will show though in your work.
If you're doing it to get as much money out of people as you can, not really giving a crap about how you do it, that will show too.

Seriously you want to know how to gouge your potential clients? :lmao: And they say people arent honest any more.

Only advice I have for you is rent a lens like the 70 - 200mm for this wedding. Im sure you can come up with that cash since its not that much and pray that no one ever finds your posts like this.

aayria, Your not very bright. You made the assumption that since I posted asking the question that I did that all I am concerned with is making money. That in incorrect and only a person who gives little thought to what they are anaylizing would make that judgement. I would like to know how I can make more money. I never said I don't like what I do or what ever else lead you think like a " i don't know a nice word for an idiot but if there is one put it here"

Who said anyone doesn't give a crap about what their doing. quit making dumb judgments and try to do something productive. If you want to help out, help out. If you want to make assumptions off of a post do that too, but it's stupid and you could use your time to learn a new technique or something.

"If you're in this because you love taking pictures and being a part of the most important day of peoples lives- that's what will show though in your work."

Not true, what determines your work is how much you prepare. If you love photography and want to be apart of someoes big day, that is not going to make their pictures awesome.

What will make their pictures awesome is if you prepare and take good photos by practicing for the enviroment you will be in.

Now if you have anything worth saying, say it. If your going to come on my thread and make alot of assumption about how my work isn't going to show through because I asked a question how can I make more money then go give someone else advice. i'm looking for advice from people who are intelligent.

Sorry if I sound like a douche, but you made some wild judgements and your claims is completely wrong

Thanks for the advice on renting the lense, I really should do that, because I really don't like the thought of being up in the front.

I don't think my clients would hate this post. I'm sure they know I like money, I charge high. And I'm only asking for more ideas to make money. If people like my service then they may want me to do more things for them.

I have seven weddings so far set up. I want money money money. I'm trying to figure out what else you can charge for.

I currently charge for a custom 20 page book with a custom front cover, invitations, and thank you cards.

What else is a way you guys get money out of your clients?

Any help is appreciated, if you want to tell me I should wait twenty years before I shoot a wedding, thanks but this wedding is buying me a d700 and the fish eye I want, so stick that advice up your butt.

I apologize if I've misjudged your intentions.. but how else would you expect somebody to interpret your words after what you've posted?:thumbup:

I'm gonna say your first wedding is gonna be followed shortly by a first divorce.

Oh, wait, you're the photographer?

I'm gonna say your first wedding is gonna be followed shortly by a first divorce.

Oh, wait, you're the photographer?

I just about spit out my coffee laughing so hard :lol:

I expect people to say....

I make money from doing this and that.

I asked about how can I make more money. You are acting as though wanting to make as much money off of a client is a bad thing.

Business is about making as much money as possible. Photography is one of my passions. I want to make alot of money with it. There is nothing wrong with that. There may be to some people. Thats cool, but to me it is my business and just so happens that I like it too.

If I came across looking money hungry, I am. If you are not. Cool.

However me being money hungry or not being money hungry does not effect my picture taking skills. Practice and knowledge do.

To provide a bit of perspective.. I heard it put really well on another photographer's blog. He said to remember that we are not in this buisiness to squeeze as much money as we can from our customers. We are not used car salesman. We are in this to provide a service for them and to help them get the most out of US. Not the other way around.

Buisiness ethics are just as important, if not more so, than buisiness profit.

:popcorn:
^^^
:cheer:erose86

Ok Seth, lets assume your intentions are good and altruistic not just about money. Go back and re-read how you posted your questions. To the average reader your coming across as the money hungry douche. NOT saying you are just that your question/post came across as such. Now if this wasnt your intent fine. My advice is rent your lens, scout your venue, get a list of required poses/shots from the B&G and their family. If they are paying for it fine, if their parents are paying for it who knows they might want the godparents and kids to have pictures might want one with grandkids etc. You are right that being prepaired is PART of the key to success. ATTITUDE is another part. Dont forget that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back