My first week with the X-T3

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I came away from Acadia with some amazing photos and a new love for the Fuji X-T3. I'm ecstatic that I made the switch and I think it'll be a great thing for me moving forward. Rather than write a novel on my thoughts, I put them into a youtube video. I hope this helps a few people out!

Nice job and nice photos. You got a great eye.

Thank you!

Even though I am not entertaining the idea of a Fuji, I watched the video and thought you did a nice job with it. You showed some beautiful photos at the end. Good selling point for visiting the park.

Even though I am not entertaining the idea of a Fuji, I watched the video and thought you did a nice job with it. You showed some beautiful photos at the end. Good selling point for visiting the park.

Agree the video was well done.

The park is gorgeous and if you have never been you need to get there.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I’m planning to finally start working on my YouTube channel regularly. I’m going to be putting together (hopefully) a weekly vlog that follows me on a shoot/adventure (most often landscape work) as well as some tutorials and reviews.

One of the factors that’s kept me from this is not wanting to lug around a second camera and kit for filming; but I just bought some grip gear for my iPhone including a DJI osmo mobile II gimbal, and I’ll be using my phone to do the majority of the filming.

This video was shot on my iPhone.

Great job on the video! You had a lot of information crammed into the video and I need to watch it again. Guessing some of what you talked about would apply to the X-T2?

I follow an artist on Vimeo that shoots primarily with the Apple and the DJI osmo. His work is amazing and the osmo makes for smooth walking and panning.

Great job on the video! You had a lot of information crammed into the video and I need to watch it again. Guessing some of what you talked about would apply to the X-T2?

I follow an artist on Vimeo that shoots primarily with the Apple and the DJI osmo. His work is amazing and the osmo makes for smooth walking and panning.

Thanks! I just put up another video today that follows me on a landscape shoot this morning. My goal is to make a video per week to get better at them.

I’ve never owner an X-T2, so I can’t speak to what specifically applies. The “what you see is what you get” viewfinder and viewfinder playback points definitely apply. But I’d have to do some research to see if the rest of the pros/cons apply to the X-T2.

The zone focus scale does.

Liked your 2nd video. Ummm, don't forget to bring your camera...lol

I liked the 2nd video too. Adding in the timelapse and the scenery of what you plan on shooting helps orientate the viewer. The human side was a nice touch!

I liked the 2nd video too. Adding in the timelapse and the scenery of what you plan on shooting helps orientate the viewer. The human side was a nice touch!

Thanks! Anything you think I could improve on?

Make sure and remember to get dressed before you go out... lol

I think they are really well done. I like that your humble. I would be interested in an episode on those filters, what they are, why you choose them, what they do, etc. Your locations are great.

Make sure and remember to get dressed before you go out... lol

I think they are really well done. I like that your humble. I would be interested in an episode on those filters, what they are, why you choose them, what they do, etc. Your locations are great.

That’s a good video idea! I can definitely make it happen. Filters are what really transformed my landscape photography.

I watched the first video again and the X-T2 does have the live view highlight alert option. Turned that on! Viewing photos via the viewfinder is great outside. Thanks for both tips! I did google the DOF zone focusing and found an indepth article. I am not a landscaper so not sure if I will use that, but thanks to your video I learned 3 things.

I watched the 2nd one again. You asked for any improvements. As to content, who is your audience? If geared to a newbie landscaper then maybe a why you used a shutter cable or timer, how you set up the DOF zone focusing, filters explanation. You could make videos on the last 2 and refer your viewers to previous videos that explain the process.

From a video editing standpoint, I thought both videos moved right along and wasn't all talking head shots. The 2nd video intro was 19 seconds long. I enjoyed that part of the video, but you need to jump right into the content before the viewer decides to stop watching. The first video intro was 8 seconds. I would try for 5 to 8 seconds. Does YT give you stats that show when viewers stopped watching? If not, you may want to post videos on Vimeo too. A Plus account isn't that much a year which gives you stats. I don't know how long the videos should be to keep interest. I guess it depends on the subject. I would add to the descriptions on the videos' pages. For me personally, when I am researching video blogs or tuts I read the description to see if I want to invest my time. I watched a ton of tuts on YT that some do not explain what I thought they would explain and I have wasted 15 or 20 minutes. Not just camera videos, but my editing programs especially After Effects & Photoshop.

Good luck and I see that you already have YT subscribers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back