TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How can I improve on this image?
Did a little in pp.
Shot with my new Nikon d40.

2008_1121test0006.jpg

I think he is so very precious. I think I would have changed my angle just a bit and moved to a more in front perspective..... maybe by about 20 degrees or so. As well, I personally would leave a larger space at the top so that you aren't cropping his hair.....

definitely zoom out a little to see the hair, and give a little space on the left and a lot of space on the right for your grandson's gaze - tight crops like this give the impression that the subject is straining to move past the edges of the photo and is trapped. But otherwise, not bad.

Hi. I think there are a couple things you can do with the picture as is. It's a great expression, and if the picture is cropped, I think it could be cropped less.

But, as is, it's a nice picture, too! The problem with black-and-white photography with color cameras is that they don't have the same contrast as true black-and-white film, and sometimes the pictures don't look as good as they could.

Also, this picture is over-exposed, and as a b/w picture it shows much more than it would if it were color.

I like to bring down black and white shots and make them more moody, as if they were more vintage.

With yours, I did that and then added a very slight sepia tone to make it look more aged (it may seem pretty dark because of the comparison with the original, so looking at it by itself might be a good idea):

iloveplaya2.jpg

I made it a little murky on purpose to give it a more timeless quality. I think there was something about the plaid texture in the background that made me think of all of those pictures I've seen of my parents and grandparents from back when that made me want to make this one timeless, too!

But, I think the main thing is that the picture can be edited-as-is, to bring down the highlights and make it look more natural in many ways. Because it's a close crop, I tried to do something that fit the crop mood-wise.

Well, I hope you like it.

Rob

Thank's to all for the input.
See what you mean.
I like yours alot Rob.
Have to figure out how to
get settings so I can post them.
Meant to say thank's in advance.
Craig.;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back