My images look great in PS

Emilymarie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
but as soon as I host them through Facebook, Flickr, etc its like I never even PPthem. The alwyas look dull! Help

Sounds like a color space issue.

What color space do you use for editing in Photoshop and which version of Photoshop do you use?

Sounds like a color space issue.

What color space do you use for editing in Photoshop and which version of Photoshop do you use?

ok, what color space should I be using?
CS4

I use sRGB but, when I post images to facebook they always look soft and dull also. Facebook is a poor poor hosting site for pictures.

facebook is possibly the worst place to host photos, everything always ends up soft.

not sure about flickr though, srgb is what i use and the images look almost exactly the same when posted

ok, what color space should I be using?
CS4

The web is sRGB.

I use ProPhotoRGB for editing in Photoshop CS, but most of my output gets converted to sRGB.

Do you make photos as RAW data files or as JPEG image files?

Well I ALWAYS shoot RAW and edit in camera raw then convert to Jpeg to host

KmH is right...it's a color profile issue. You're probably working in Adobe RGB or a similar color space, and using Windows, which is showing the images in sRGB color space, which will create a dull, lifeless-looking image. A good solution would be to work (display and work) in sRGB in Photoshop, and assign that profile to your web photos, and then what you see will be what you get once the pics hit the world wide web.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back