My Micro 4/3 Camera Outsold my Full-Frame DSLR

I would get a m43 the day they come out with a 50mm f/0.7
Or 75mm f/1.0

"Are you, or have you ever been, a member of the Equivalence Party of Canada?" lol....riffing on a 1950's reference there.

BTW, just saw a newly-created portrait photo made with the 105mm f/1.4 NIKKOR adapted to the new Fuji GFX50 44x33 digital MF camera today on FB...wow! What a lens!

Interestingly, there's a whole 10,000 members in the Fuji GFX 50 FB group now, all salivating over Fuji's newly released digital mirrorless, and its 44x33 Sony-made sensor. I saw a 6-stop-undere-exposure and its subsequent software "lift" done with four cameras on dPReview, one was from a Canon 5D something-or-other, a 42-MP Sony FX camera, and the Nikon D810 fX camera. The Canon in dead-last, the Nikon and the Sony 42-MP were close and good, but the bigger 44x33 Sony sensor was the clear-but-close winner over the SOny A7 model and the Nikon 810, with the absolute best noise performance in the dark areas going to--wait for it--the BIGGEST sensor.

There is no way an Oly 4/3 sensor could hope to match the technical image quality of those three star cameras...it's just not as much sensor real estate as 24x36, or 44x33.

There is one thing I do think is neat, and that is the 4: 3 aspect ratio for people pictures...3:2 is NOT ideal, it's just NOT the best aspect ratio for talls of people. 4:3 is much easier to work with I think than is 3:2.

I guess the fact that I've been using 35mm film and now aps-c & fx sensor for years now that I'm really use to the 3:2 aspect and like it. What's wrong with that?

Much of the time, my final product is an 8x10. So much cropping.
I use my 105mm /1.4 almost 90% of the time now.

When travelling, I do like to borrow a m4/3 camera.

Most reactions

Back