My nature photos

mamad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am new to this, but love editing. I am looking for your advice on my eidting. Thanks in advance~!

040.jpg

024.jpg

006.jpg

Last edited:
the editing is not good. overdone. but they weren't that good to start with.

mamad
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Editing starts with an idea before you make your photo.

So, formulate some ideas, write them down. Then go out and shoot with those ideas in mind. If you have some experience with editing, then you will have an idea what may work in the shot to fulfill the editing idea.

The shots above look like you started editing after taking the shot. That will work at times, but not all the time.

I think editing is good in some cases but don't overdo it remember "simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication"

thanks andyla. I didnt take any photos with the intent to edit. I am trying to figure out how to edit well - purely the mechanics.

To the others - there was no advice, mostly just insults. It isnt helpful unless you can give me any info on where to improve. If you have none, I understand, but like I said, at that point it is just insults.

I think that what folks are saying is that there is nothing that can be said about your editing.. it is a matter of personal taste..

What is being said is that the subjects are not good photoghraphy.

Today many love to sit at the computer and try dozens of different approaches to the world of digitizing their photos.. It has become almost limitless on what you can do, and for some it can be more interesting and add to the hobby of photography.

However.... to achieve the best resuslts you need to start with good basics and a reasonable quality photograph..

Your photographs are not well composed, somewhat soft, and not really interesting...............

................. these comments are not meant as insults, it is critique - what you asked for..

Hey there,
as a noob myself, the first one doesn't do anything for me. I guess there's just not much to look at. The second one is kind of interesting, but the butterfly is OOF a bit. And the third one bugs me personally because of the super soft colours.

#1 is garbage, that should go straight in the trash bin. There is no subject in the photo unless you consider random leaves on the ground as particularly interesting. It is shot a boring angle - how many have stood up and looked at the ground before? Probably everyone. You're not bringing any kind of new perspective to an incredibly common scene. To make photos of things like this interesting you need to work hard to make it stand out from something you can see by just going outside and looking down. The other main problem with this shot is that it is completely flat - there is no depth to it whatsoever. Again, if you change up the angle by for instance getting down as low as possible on the ground, then suddenly you have an interesting angle and you can see depth in the photo - you know, a foreground, mid ground and background. You can play with depth of field then and have foreground and/or background elements out of focus which is a great way to add interest to the shot.

Really, sorry to say it, nothing to see of interest here.

I am new to this, but love editing. I am looking for your advice on my eidting. Thanks in advance~!
I didnt take any photos with the intent to edit. I am trying to figure out how to edit well - purely the mechanics.

I think you have some cool ideas here. Ive never seen editing like #2 and ive been using editing programs for many many years. You are on the right track. You can take any picture and play around with it and come up with something neat. It doesnt mean it will turn out to be a $50,000 photo, but you will learn what you like, what works, what doesnt, whats too much, whats not enough, etc.
Keep playing aroung with your pics...rather they started out great or not. Practicing on the non-interesting pics is a great way to start! Once you learn a few techniques, you can use them on the great shots you capture!

To the others - there was no advice, mostly just insults. It isnt helpful unless you can give me any info on where to improve. If you have none, I understand, but like I said, at that point it is just insults.

You might want to grow a thicker skin on the interwebz.

With a reaction like that, you are only setting yourself up for ignore lists and no comments.

If you want a cookie for your pictures, might want to find another forum

Most reactions

New Topics

Back