My Next Lighting Purchase

PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thoughts? I figure for $100 shipped and it comes with all of this it can't be too bad, plus the people that I contacted that purchased this kit all seemed to think it was a good value.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QslyyX8Cl4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Camera flash modifiers[/ame]

I don't think it's a good value myself, because the softbox is to small and didn't look like it's collapsable, the globe and reflector dish aren't big enough and the 20° grid seemed less than effective..

The snoot and snoot accessories worked good but you can make your own that can be collapsed to flat for storage. (gaffers tape and cereal boxes)

What happens when one or more of those clips you snap the accessories into gets broken?

You can DIY just about all that, i know this becuase i have.

For a lot more money :)

I was originally looking at the DIY beauty dish, but that crap adds up quick. Plus this will be more versatile.

My biggest issue with that that system is the beauty dish is so freaking tiny. The goal of a beauty dish is to provide a look inbetween bare, and a softbox/umbrella.For any work able portraits that dish is barely gonna make any change in the lighting. For DIY dishs you can make em as big as you want. mine is about 10-12 inches made from an old popcorn bucket thing, the interior relector is covered in tin foil and the inside of the bucket is covered in white paper. The outside is painted black. The shoe for the flash is made of cardboard

I love it

4229017181_ed099ee62b.jpg

Great shot!

I just have to wonder how the bride will feel having it aimed at her. :lol:

If you take your time, get the right stuff, and know what your doing you could easily make it look profesional.

I just spent $73 at the grocery store and then $31 on gasoline and that will all be gone, used up, in less than a week. A hundred dollars doesn't go very far these days.

Most reactions

Back