Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just for fun, and because ElShorty gave me the idea:

Scannography_PuppenJens.jpg

This ancient old doll of mine was more willing to go through both processes ("scan" and "accept") than Sabine, who was only playing along through the "scan" one but not the other, although her "photo" was absolutely hilarious! So, my "willing" doll it was for my first attempt.

And then I went hunting for little things I might put onto the scanner and ended with my

Needles, Pins, Yarn and Buttons:
Scannography_NeedlesandPins.jpg

That is all so far.
What do you say, Tony?

i really like number two, its a great shot, a little cleanup in photoshop and it'll really be impressive! number one is good too, but i really like number two

how big were the originals? i set mine where i could do an 8X10 print of a 100% crop and still have lots of detail, pretty amazing. i would LIKE to keep doing this, because i'm really enjoying it , but now my scanner is acting up, and only scanning in B&W, or not scanning at high res, or all sorts of wierd things

Well, this was only play, Tony, I did not pay very much attention to it, I only wanted to see if I could do the same as you did, so when I went to the "accept" stage, I did not set the resolution to higher than the default 200 (pixels per what?) ... usually, when I scan prints, I set it to 600, but here... I did not.

And yes, the doll was only the first thing that occurred to me, after that, however, I felt that small objects, and a variety of them, is better for this kind of "play".

And as you can see by the green line through the doll (top has been cloned a bit), my scanner is also kind of "acting up" ... don't know what brought about that line!

I did apply a bit of PS to both, what more would you do?
I saw the highlights blow seriously when I tried to work with more contrasts...

what i usually do, is select the entire black area, and just darken it or paint it completely black, so that you dont get that kind of half-black that seems to occur probably from light reflecting off the glass, or whatever

How do you select ONLY THAT?
Is that what the "magic wand" would do? I never use that one....

The 2nd one really is nice, what control do you have with the scanners though?

i use the magic wand , or just carefully paint it

I really like them, I dont have a scanner but was thinking what I would put in the scanner, maybe a some cards thrown about, a few dice or maybe even some discs or something.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back