My photo used on a Czech website

Got an email this morning from the website and they were apologetic and said they would remove the image at once.

I'm glad they agreed to take down the photo. I wondered if you were able to determine exactly what the site is. It looks at first like an online magazine but it only seems to have Google/Adsense ads not published ads in their language, so I thought maybe it's someone's fashion blog. Some of those links at the bottom seem to show where the article came from which made me wonder if your photo was published or used elsewhere and this site just reposts articles and pictures (the photos all look like they've been professionally done but this site does not seem to be a published magazine, there doesn't seem to be any subscription info., etc.).

I don't know if you have your photos posted other places as well or not but Flickr did make changes at some point. So many sites have Terms & Conditions that state that site users retain rights to their photos but - that the site may use, reproduce, distribute, sublicense, etc. So often just using a site means agreeing to their Terms which allow usage.

You think they would have Czech'ed with you first!

Golden rule I have about pictures...

If you don't want others to use it on the web, don't post it in the first place.

Why I haven't been around for a few years.

I'm glad they agreed to take down the photo. I wondered if you were able to determine exactly what the site is. It looks at first like an online magazine but it only seems to have Google/Adsense ads not published ads in their language, so I thought maybe it's someone's fashion blog. Some of those links at the bottom seem to show where the article came from which made me wonder if your photo was published or used elsewhere and this site just reposts articles and pictures (the photos all look like they've been professionally done but this site does not seem to be a published magazine, there doesn't seem to be any subscription info., etc.).

I don't know if you have your photos posted other places as well or not but Flickr did make changes at some point. So many sites have Terms & Conditions that state that site users retain rights to their photos but - that the site may use, reproduce, distribute, sublicense, etc. So often just using a site means agreeing to their Terms which allow usage.

It seems like its just a blog. From the email, it sounded like the person who wrote the article and found the photos is the owner of the blog and its the source. Maybe not.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back