480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I started out taking photos with a Pentax K1000, and after a couple years had saved up enough money to buy my dream camera.... A Pentax MESuper. If I had a nickle for every frame of Kodachrome 25 I took with that camera, I'd be able to buy my own country.

Today, while in the local brick-n-mortar camera store, there sat this little gem in the used camera section:

ME%20Super%20HC.jpg

I just could not pass it up.

Nice find. My first camera was the Pentax SPII and then I got a Pentax SP500 for a second body. Those old screw mounts were a pain but they worked well. Loved the simplicity of the light meter in the Pentax. When moving a few years ago overtired and worn out in a moment of weakness I got rid of them and all my old lenses. Sure wish I had not done that, I miss holding those old cameras.

ME Super: We had one of those in the pool equipment collection at my fist college newspaper! Somebody ended up breaking the film advance system on it. Later, another one was damaged in the same way. I remmber how small and light and compact this camera was in the early 1980's, especially compared to the then-large "standard-sized" 35mm SLRs from so many camera makers, many of which are gone now!

And YES, that Pentax body covering felt GREAT in the hands! I've often wondered if that body covnering material was not one of the reasonw that so,so many people loved Pentax!

Scan and post when get a couple of rolls processed!

There's even a sticker inside from United Camera Repair dated 2011.........

Looks like my FM. I was surprised. I just got my replacement one in and it was cleaner than the first.

1492343854316.jpg

Apparently I wrote a comment and never hit "Post" Oops.

That camera looks beautiful, which means we'll be expecting pictures soon ;)

SWEETNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love those M body's! Looks super clean.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back