My Trash The Dress session is up!

I closed the site when it started to load. Music with no way to turn it off = escape. Who cares about copyright when you're being obtrusive with providing audio. I don't understand why photographers feel required to put audio on their websites - it's obnoxious and uncalled for.

I closed the site when it started to load. Music with no way to turn it off = escape. Who cares about copyright when you're being obtrusive with providing audio. I don't understand why photographers feel required to put audio on their websites - it's obnoxious and uncalled for.

I suppose i should have made a post about "music on websites" instead of viewing my recent TTD session. Has anyone ever heard of the volume key on the keyboard??? Just asking out of curiosity. Its easier than complaining about someone choosing to play music on their personal website. I have never heard of so many complaints regarding such a ridiculous thing.
Step 1) simply adjust the volume by using the keyboard or turning the knob on the speaker
Step 2) Enjoy (or not ) the photos.

I suppose i should have made a post about "music on websites" instead of viewing my recent TTD session. Has anyone ever heard of the volume key on the keyboard??? Just asking out of curiosity. Its easier than complaining about someone choosing to play music on their personal website. I have never heard of so many complaints regarding such a ridiculous thing.
Step 1) simply adjust the volume by using the keyboard or turning the knob on the speaker

Some of us listen to other things while online. I don't mean to necessarily be rude, but this is one of my biggest pet peeves about websites.

Some of us listen to other things while online. I don't mean to necessarily be rude, but this is one of my biggest pet peeves about websites.

I just think its dumb to make such a deal about it such as.. i'm not going to view your photos because you have music playing..What??? It's just music. I go to websites, LOTS of websites, everyday that have music. If they have something I dont like, i turn my volume down. I have never gotten upset about it or made comments about it to the owner of the website. MOST Photographers do like to have music because it DOES give their photos a certain feel. I was putting together a video of all of my daughters photos from birth to 1 year the other day and the video with no music is just horrible. Everyone I spoke to agreed that the music made a huge difference. So for so many people to make negative comments about it, just in this forum, just throws me for a surprise.

Some good shots in the TTD, but feel you have some much stronger work in the other galleries. TBH, I got really bored with seeing her legs spread wide open so often. However, it's in the Client Proofing, so I'm guessing you need that many shots for her to select from.

Okay, since all the above doesn't seem to go along with the path this thread has turned onto, I'll chime in with my thoughts on the music. As I will usually be streaming music or news on-line, turning down the volume is not my first choice. Firstly, you should have an option on the home page for the viewer to not play it if they wish. Secondly, each gallery should have their own selection(s) and they should run the length of the slideshow without looping. Thirdly, a personal choice of mine would be to not have current "popular" music and most likely to be instrumental. I agree with you that a slideshow with (properly choreographed) music can certainly enhance the entertainment value.

Thanks for sharing.

Some good shots in the TTD, but feel you have some much stronger work in the other galleries. TBH, I got really bored with seeing her legs spread wide open so often. However, it's in the Client Proofing, so I'm guessing you need that many shots for her to select from.

Okay, since all the above doesn't seem to go along with the path this thread has turned onto, I'll chime in with my thoughts on the music. As I will usually be streaming music or news on-line, turning down the volume is not my first choice. Firstly, you should have an option on the home page for the viewer to not play it if they wish. Secondly, each gallery should have their own selection(s) and they should run the length of the slideshow without looping. Thirdly, a personal choice of mine would be to not have current "popular" music and most likely to be instrumental. I agree with you that a slideshow with (properly choreographed) music can certainly enhance the entertainment value.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I didnt think I had an option to add a mute button to my website but I looked into it and made my jukebox visible and there is a button you can press to stop the music.
Yes, her legs are wide open alot it seems in these photos. I hated putting so many of the same poses up, but as every photographer knows, what I may like, she wont like and vice versa. Women will find every little thing to complain about in a photograph so i just posted as many as I could. I did however think this was some of my best work yet so it's nice to see a difference of opinion on that. Thank you =)
Hopefully adding the mute button to my page will allow some to enjoy the photos that they were not able to enjoy previously.
Thanks again

There were some great shots in there. Neat locations. Lighting and exposure are great.

Maybe too many with her sitting and her legs open though. I also have to say that in the first 1/3 of the slideshow, I didnt know if there was a scar on her, some weird chest fat, or what. But it was VERY distracting.

And I alsothink that the veil got in th way is a lot of the shots. Made her look like she was just in a puffball of fabric, and really lost the shape of her body underneath. I realize that you may not have been going for a sexy shoot here, but I think all women want to look sexy in photos. Some made her look heavy and frumpy.

Wow! Apparently I totally missed out, my speakers were turned down. I thought I was just going to look at pictures.:er:

I think you did a great job! :D My personal favorite was her floating on her back in the lake. I was thinking finally she's going to ruin the dress. I would have liked to see her standing there in her undergarments watching the dress sink to the bottom of the lake, deeper and deeper it goes until it's gone.

Wow! Apparently I totally missed out, my speakers were turned down. I thought I was just going to look at pictures.:er:

I think you did a great job! :D My personal favorite was her floating on her back in the lake. I was thinking finally she's going to ruin the dress. I would have liked to see her standing there in her undergarments watching the dress sink to the bottom of the lake, deeper and deeper it goes until it's gone.

Thanks! Yah, I really wanted to destroy that thing and we shot for 5 hours straight (longest regular shoot I have ever done) so I think we were all just ready to get it over with. We did have the undergarment idea in mind but we did that shoot in Forest Park and I didnt want her to get attacked! lol - Thanks again!

Not to nitpick, but do you have written permission to use that audio? You should be cautious in your use of copyrighted audio just as with copyrighted images - the RIAA is not overly friendly about that sort of thing...

- Randy

Seriously? Do you send that note to everyone with a website that has music? Don't know if it makes a difference, but I purchased the download.
*** Out of curiosity, when your puchase music from another site, does it make it legal?? And if not, is all music on websites downloaded illegally? Never looked into that much
Okay dude...
I would thank Randy, He is helping you
If you want to be an ass about it, we could always alternatively contact RIAA and direct them to your site... which would you rather :/
To use audio you really should ask permission from the owner of the copyright licence, even though you purchased it, you only bought a Personal Viewing (listening) Licence

You can be fined anywhere from 500 - 2000 pounds or more... there was a recent news story of a person fined 1 million (pounds or dollers? cant remember)
For 1 song!!! and the guy had never made 1 million pounds/ dollerz in his life!

Sorry Kandi, but every once in a while, I really dig the internet and the sidebars that come into play.

If I'm not mistaking, this is where we should all chant "you go girl".

"where the f*** is the Buddha statue? C'mon guys.... give the it up.*

Sorry Kandi, but every once in a while, I really dig the internet and the sidebars that come into play.

If I'm not mistaking, this is where we should all chant "you go girl".

I sent a private msg and I guess i misunderstood him. Honestly, Im not trying to stir up anything. I hate that stuff in forums. I simply posted my TTD session because a few members wanted to see them and just felt attacked by the comments on the music on my site. Hopefully teh subj. can be changed now and we can refocus on what the thread was originally about. OR....i wish there was a way to just delete the whole thing so i dont have to read anymore negative comments about my illegal download that i paid $ for.

Sorry to persist with the music thing, but I too found it annoying, and kind of hard to turn off (plus I don't have a big volume knob on my keyboard like you assume everyone does).
I just thought it odd that you get so defensive, when you are getting a helpful tip on something that is turning traffic away from your site - I would have thought these insights to be valuable, not something to be swatted away like an annoying bug.

Sorry to persist with the music thing, but I too found it annoying, and kind of hard to turn off (plus I don't have a big volume knob on my keyboard like you assume everyone does).
I just thought it odd that you get so defensive, when you are getting a helpful tip on something that is turning traffic away from your site - I would have thought these insights to be valuable, not something to be swatted away like an annoying bug.

I just find it weird because this is the only forum and you all are the only people that have ever made negative comments about the music on my site. So not to be defensive, but i just totally disagree with it and its something I like, so maybe that may cause me to come off defensive. Not trying to be, I just disagree and most pro photographers that do the type of photography I do, have music on their sites. So maybe alot of you are into a different type of photography and websites? I have only been to several websites that dont have it (again, along the lines of similar to what i shoot ) in the past several years. It doesnt matter, it's just annoying to constanatly hear about the same complaint when that wasnt why i posted. Its one thing if i was getting defensive about the photos you are critiquing, which I'm not, its something totally irrelevant and off the subj. from what this thread was suppose to be about...

There were some good shots in there, nice work. The location is outstanding. I really like the shots of her between the buildings and your creative angles.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back