Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Give me some honest pointers......:er:

The original......

7985-FlameinChairoriginal.jpg

Photoshoped.....

7985-FlameinChair.jpg

Hmmm I think you're trying for too much in the picture. The image of the mascot on the couch is funny enough, but by bringing in the basketball hoop you are also bringing in a bunch of unused, and uninteresting, areas... I like the Photoshopped colors a lot more, nice and bright, but I think the crop should JUST be of the mascot...

But, that's me. Ask 1000 photogs the correct crop and you'll get... well, a lot of different answers!

Too much cropping going on in this forum IMO. Sure the mascot on the couch is sorta interesting by itself, but it's much more amusing in the context of an empty gymnasium, which is what the original implies. "Empty" space is not necessarily a bad thing. Maybe just take out some of the top of the backboard and the foremost part of the floor.

I think you went too far with your colors and contrast in your edit, but only by a small tad. Your silver turned blue which bothers me the most.

Too much cropping going on in this forum IMO. Sure the mascot on the couch is sorta interesting by itself, but it's much more amusing in the context of an empty gymnasium, which is what the original implies. "Empty" space is not necessarily a bad thing. Maybe just take out some of the top of the backboard and the foremost part of the floor.

I think you went too far with your colors and contrast in your edit, but only by a small tad. Your silver turned blue which bothers me the most.

I'm flexable regarding cropping, generally I like a full shot as above , but the crop is a standalone shot as well.

Good observation on the blue/sliver.....

1. don't crop, let it be, it says more about the surroundings :D
2. too saturated :D

One more for no cropping....and backing off the color seems like a good call.....might take care of the blue/sliver issue.

Thanks for the comments.:)

for cropping.

or for a different shot. why not crop out the bball goal, its in the foreground and out of focus, so the eye isn't drawn to it, the bottom of the frame has nothing going on as well.

people crop for a reason: crops can improve a photo, and here i think it clearly improves it.

OK.....less cropping, reduced blue, reduced saturation, burned out some white.....

I'm ready for more!:lmao:

7985-FlameinChairCropped4.jpg

Thanks.....good point.

OK, here's a crop....I like it better as well.
7985-FlameinChairCropped2.jpg

I would crop from the left to this position, BUT keep the basketball net above in the photo. It contributes to the photo.

skieur

I would crop from the left to this position, BUT keep the basketball net above in the photo. It contributes to the photo.

skieur

Please show me.....use # 8.:)

Hahahhah...either way this is a funny shot!

Thanks for the comment....it's meant to be a funny shot.:D

By Jove thats some nice work!

I like the shot, the "medium crop" works well, I'd push the saturation on the reds up a bit though, not on the hoop or the crazy head mask just the uniform, its a deep red shiney surface but it looks a little washed out, maybe just a slight tweak would improve that, after all, this isn't a crazy dude in a costume its a *team* mascot, highlight that.

Thats just $0.02 from a complete newbie, you might want to have a play though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back