Need a wide angle for interior room shots Canon Rebel EOS

RobOnMV

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all

I work at a Real Estate firm, and we recently purchased a Canon Rebel EOS with the standard EFS 18-55 lens. I quickly discovered that we need another lens to be able to capture more interior space in our pictures. The pictures we now take really seem to be cropped. I guess our budget is around 400-500 for this lens.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rob

18mm on a Canon EOS (crop) body is still consider a very wide angle lens. You can also use the software "PhotoStitch", usually comes with the Canon camera package, to stitch two frames together. You will have less distortion, unless that is what you want in the first place.

Last edited:
Someone suggested: [h=1]Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras. Wondering if this would fill the bill. [/h]
I've used the stitching software, but was hoping for a lens which would let me get around stitching. Moreover, the other agents in the office would never get into stitching.

Thanks

If I remember correctly, Sony NEX and Panasonic mirrorless cameras have panorama feature. It maybe cheaper to buy another camera.

the sigma that you are referring to is quite soft until around f/9 which makes it tough to use indoors in low light with anything that is going to move. If you are just doing stationary objects then it may be ok.

I have the Sigma 10-20mm and it will work pretty good for you, although at 10mm there is a lot of distortion, but it drastically improves at 12mm. I would also suggest getting a flash. Since your budget will cover the lens with not much left over a 430EX II or 580EX II is probably out of the question, but there are cheaper alternatives in the $30-50 range. Just get one that tilts and swivels and most of the time just point it almost straight up and it should light up the room pretty good so you can use that small aperture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back