Need Advise on a Monitor Fast

Ryvax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just found out I have to send my advance luggage over seas tomorrow. Was planning on bringing a 20" monitor with me but didn't buy one yet. Now I need to buy one today and the only store around is Staples. I want to keep it under 300 dollars. This is what I was looking at, Benq G2220HD LCD Monitor, but I have no idea. Any advice? What would you buy out of all these?
STAPLES | BUREAU EN GROS

Errr Yes. Is all I can say. If you don't leave sufficient time to make a proper informed choice then I simply can't tell you that the Benq G2220HD is a poor TN panel with 6 bit colour reproduction and poor viewing angle just like any other TN panel.

I assume you want to use it for photos anyway. If you don't then it'll be just fine. I just wouldn't ever buy a TN panel for photo work, not with PVA and even IPS panels getting as cheap as they are these days.

Thanks for advise. I ended up not getting anything because I didn't have enough time to research. I'll just try to mail whatever I end up buying when I go over. Anyways, do you have any recommendations on any particular model?

Is the Hewlett-Packard LP2475w within your budget? For accurate color reproduction, you'd be much better off with an 8-bit IPS panel like that or an 8-bit PVA panel like the Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP instead of a nasty 6-bit TN panel like what shows up in most cheap LCD monitors.

This thread may be helpful:
AnandTech - STICKY: The LCD Thread

Most reactions

New Topics

Back