Need Camera Backpack

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's what I need it to carry (and planning for future):
  • Canon Digital Rebel XT
  • Canon 18-55mm (later, a 17-85 IS instead of this)
  • Canon 50mm 1.8
  • Sigma 70-200 2.8
  • Sigma 24-70 2.8
  • Sigma 2x Teleconverter
  • Canon 430EX
  • Flash Arm
  • Then random stuff (4 or 5 filters, extra batteries, card reader, cards, etc.
Any ideas on camera backpacks that will fit this? Maybe expansion room for 1 or 2 more lenses.

Tamrac is a good product line...As is Lowepro.
I have a few Lowepro bags and can testify to their high quality.

I have the Computrekker AW. It's a pretty good bag and would probably hold the stuff you have listed...except maybe the 'flash arm'. I don't know exactly what size or shape that might be. This bag has a lap top sleeve...I don't have a lap top...but it was cheaper than a similar bag without it. It's good for holding magazines or my portfolio album.

If you can, go into a store and see the bags in person...it is quite different than just viewing them on-line.

...I have the Computrekker AW. It's a pretty good bag and would probably hold the stuff you have listed...except maybe the 'flash arm'. I don't know exactly what size or shape that might be. This bag has a lap top sleeve...I don't have a lap top...but it was cheaper than a similar bag without it. It's good for holding magazines or my portfolio album.

If you can, go into a store and see the bags in person...it is quite different than just viewing them on-line.

I almost always have my laptop with me, when I have my camera. Do you have a link to your Computrekker specs?

Here is the one I have. They do have a bigger model, the Computrekker Plus AW...as well as many others that you can see on their web site.

I like the backpack for hiking or traveling...but it has it's sore points. Firstly, it not quick to take it off and get the gear out...or put it back in. Also, when you open it up...you had better have someplace clean and/or dry to do it...the way it opens, it need a bit of space and the straps are then on the bottom.

The 'AW' Lowepro bags are 'All Weather' and have a built-in rain cover...although the bag is somewhat rain resistant even without the cover on. The cover was a great feature while I was in the rain forests of Costa Rica.

An alternative might be the hybrid 'sling' bags. They carry like a backpack but art easy to access like a shoulder bag. A friend has the Lowepro Slingshot 300 and it looks pretty good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back