Need help choosing first D-SLR...

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by SunnyHours, Dec 28, 2008.

1. SunnyHours

SunnyHours TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi!

I'm going to buy my first D-SLR in the near future. I just want a good camera for a low price. I am actually trying to find the cheapest possible (kind of) as I am moving to my first apartment and money might be an issue :lmao:

I saw a nice deal or so I think, a Canon XS with the standard lens 18-55mm and a tele lens 75-200mm with a bag for 700$ plus tx.
    I'm not looking for anything professional, I'll be using the camera for my own pleasure primarily and if the photos are nice I might use them in the website I make ( I'm a web designer. ).

All I want am interested in is Macro photography and Landscape pictures...and the standard "fun with friends and family" pictures as well...

Could someone help me choosing a camera with lots of functions and a small price with a Tele lens. I want it to be quite simple to take "on the fly" photos and precise with manual functions for macro photos (I know any SLR has those...).

Thanks and as I said in my introduction if anyone needs help with their website don't hesitate I'm right here...
    // SunnyHours,
    +Fred.

2. artreuo

artreuo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You could try a Nikon D80. I'm sure you could find a nice kit with a few lenses on ebay for a good price.

3. ianm

ianm TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My first (recently got as of last year) is a the Nikon D40X, since which the prices have come down some. It's a very good camera to work with and learn/develop with.