Need help removing something from photo

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have this photo I took of a really old rusty bridge but they built a new one right next to it and you can see part of it in the upper left corner.

I've been trying for a while in Photoshop to remove it, but I'm terrible at doing this type of stuff.

But I think the photo would SO much stronger without that new bridge in the frame and without that wire on the bottom right.

If anyone would be willing to help, that would be awesome! Just let me know and I can pass along a Tiff.

Erwin-170611-10935.jpg

I'm fairly inept at PS, but will take a look at the jpg first to see what I think...

Selected sample of blue sky and clone stamped out new bridge, the used healing tool to smooth out, then selected entire area and dropped contrast to further hide shoddy work, then played with saturation a tad. Not a finished product, but more a general discussion of how a cloddish untrained ruffian might at least try...

Please somebody tell me a wiser way so that I might learn.

Erwin-170611-10935.jpg

Edit- ugh, needs work.

Quick & dirty. Speaking of dirty, you have a sensor booges - below the bottom thick bean, down and to the left of the sun flare.

I just used clone tool, hard edge, about 10 pixels along he sky. Where it crossed the metal beam, I went to 3 pixels. Clone From was below and to the right until I got near the beam and bottom, so I switched origin to upper right (or left).

Erwin-170611-10935.jpg

It's dirty because it was shot at f/22!

I change my lenses alot so it's going to get dirty no matter what I do. But might be worth buying some sensor swabs someday. But really, I don't care about sensor dust as that's easily fixable.

I change my lenses alot so it's going to get dirty no matter what I do. But might be worth buying some sensor swabs someday. But really, I don't care about sensor dust as that's easily fixable.
Just letting you know, that's all.

Just letting you know, that's all.

Oh I'm aware. Already cloned a bunch out lol.

Heres my edit! Thats true, never get people mad on Instagram, lol.
Erwin-170611-10935.jpg

Whoops, I forgot to take the wire out, let me get that out as well.

Well, make your pick, enough people to help you, a tiff file is no problem for me.
Also will take out all (sensor) dust!

Gerard

(something like this)
img.JPG

Last edited:
Wow you guys are amazing. I gotta learn about Photoshop. I'm a newbie when it comes to that. Hey we can't all be perfect at everything.

What about removing the purple flare? I find that a little distracting now that I look at it.

Here is the Tiff.

Erwin-170611-10935.tif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back