Need help...what should I get?

abk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone...So I feel like I've hit the jackpot! A very generous family member loves my obsession with taking photos and has offered to buy me pretty much any equipment I want for my upcoming bday this week. I am so new to photography and have so much to learn that I have no idea what I should ask for.

I have a canon 30D with a 28-135mm lens. I mostly take pictures of my kids and my friends kids and lot's of newborn shots of my nephew. I love close ups and action shots of the kids.

So do I upgrade to a 50D? or just go for a faster lens? a flash? all? I don't know and could really use help! I have to tell him what I want this week or I may miss out!

Thanks in advance!!!

lens and flash sounds nice. 30D is still a very good camera.

If you want to go for the gusto......1Ds MK IV and an EF 24-70 f/2.8L USM, otherwise IsgEMT's suggestion works, just add radio triggers so you can do OCF (off-camera-flash)

Lens > Body.

But is this person for real? walk into the camera store and tell them you want a new D3x or a EOS 1D-s Mark III body.
[FONT=arial,geneva,helvetica] :lol:
[/FONT]

Lens > Body.

But is this person for real? walk into the camera store and tell them you want a new D3x or a EOS 1D-s Mark III body.
[FONT=arial,geneva,helvetica] :lol:
[/FONT]

Nah one of each :p

haha, i wish i were in that position. Lets go to the camera store and pick out whatever you want for your birthday!

I think for your type of photography, the best option would be to get a 24-70 + a nice speedlight. Get the body after that ;)

I'd go for the lens. Most cost as much (if not more) than the body itself.

thanks everyone for your input...I think I'm going to go for the 24-70 lens and a flash...those camera suggestions are great but I think I'd be pushing my luck! ;)

Wow, that is awesome! Congrats and I hope you get lots of goodies that are perfect for your adventure!
Kerri

Most reactions

Back