Need help with continuous shooting...

For the sake of curiousity.. try reducing your image size to and quality to as low as possible and try it out. It still sounds like it could be a memory card problem.

Well, that did it. :) Thanks dearleader! I turned the camera to P mode, and turned D lighting OFF, and it read 5 shots. I thought " great, at least that's one more..."
But when I held it down, there was a slight pause at 5, but it just kept on shooting....pow,pow,pow,pow...

horray!

Am I correct in assuming that a faster memory card would speed this "pause" between pics up a bit?

thanks again so much everyone. . . .

it will up to a limit - which is either the max speed of the card or the max save speed of the camera - afterwhich any faster cards won't increase the speed

Well, that did it. :) Thanks dearleader! I turned the camera to P mode, and turned D lighting OFF, and it read 5 shots. I thought " great, at least that's one more..."
But when I held it down, there was a slight pause at 5, but it just kept on shooting....pow,pow,pow,pow...

horray!

Am I correct in assuming that a faster memory card would speed this "pause" between pics up a bit?

thanks again so much everyone. . . .

My D60 does the samething! It may be a memory speed problem or the D60 can't send them that fast. But anyway the the D60 says 3 fps per second. Haven't tried a bunch of pictures, not more than 10. But I do get a pause sometimes, then it continues shooting.

Cameras are rarely limited by their cards, especially cameras that are doing under 5fps. I can shoot 5fps for the whole 40 shot buffer on my D1H with my POS no name CF card i got off ebay. Your problem is in the settings. Make sure noise reduction is also off.

I'm not a Nikon guy, but is there any noise reduction that's turned on?? I had that problem with my 40d when I first got it, then noticed I forgot to turn off a bunch of enhancing/noise reduction features.

EDIT:Oops, JimmyO beat me haha

i have a d80, and when i shoot continuous on large format it only shoots 10 shots before it slows its speed, when i shoot on small format it goes continuously for whatever you need.

I have 2 4g sd ultra II HSHC(highspeed,high capacity) and 1 2g sd ultra III HS and have no problems what so ever with buffer. I have a d-40 i shoot people skydiving with no delay or issues that thing will go untill i let up!!!!!! now i dont over do it but i knock out 20-30+ shoots sometimes.

as for (Panasonic Pro High Speed memory card) as stated earlier, brand is useless so long as it works with the camera and is high speed your fine....

I would call nikon and get a solid answer before u find out something is wrong and more damage is being done by trying........

Yep, active D-lighting is a HUGE hog. The first time I used my D40 in continuous mode, I had the noise reduction turned on, and I was getting about 1.5FPS. Wow, I thought, that's way faster than my compact. Then I turned noise reduction off. Holy sweet mother, it's out of control!!! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back