need instructions

robwst7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
can anyone give me instructions on how to print the negatives i have. i have all the equipment and the chemicals. the negs are already developed. i need to know how to mix the chemicals since i dont have that info and when to use then. after enlarging or before? thanks

hey, thanks for responding. i have powder fixer, liquid stop bath, liquid developer, powder hypo clearing agent which i dont know what this does and liquid photo flo 200 solution i also dont know what this does. im trying to do b/w
thanks

does it say any where on the chemicals how to mix them? You usually need to mix them with warm water, but I honestly cant tell you how much. What brand of chemicals do you have? The hypo clearing agent is used to make sure that all the hypo is washed out of the paper or negative. If you dont do this your prints will turn brown over time. I do not use photo flo but I think its used to wash them even more?? some one else will have to help you there.

With the chemicals and paper that I have I expose for about 3 secs, then put it in the developer for about 3 mins, then in the stop bath for 45 secs, then into the fixer for atleast 4 mins, then wash for atleast 5 mins.

Im not saying that this will work for you, but It will be similiar times, depending on wht your working with.

what do you mean by expose? enlarging? is the hypo what i use to do the washing? and does all this have to be done under a safe light?

expose is done with the enlarger yes, it needs to be done under a safe light. And you can use the hypo to wash! Have you checked on google at all to see if you could find anything about your specific chemicals?

i found all but the hypo clearing agent. it says dilute i part concentrate with 4 parts of water. after i use the hypo i wash the print under running water correct?

ok i have tried about 8 prints and they are all either to light are to dark. they also are not very sharp. any suggestions?

Sounds like you need a good basic understanding of the process. Go to your library and track down a book on b&w developing and enlarging.

You can probably locate the data sheets for your particular developer, fixer and stop bath on-line.

There's an article on b&w contact printing [not enlarging, but the same chemical procedure] at:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/node/43

Torus34 said:
Sounds like you need a good basic understanding of the process. Go to your library and track down a book on b&w developing and enlarging.

You can probably locate the data sheets for your particular developer, fixer and stop bath on-line.

There's an article on b&w contact printing [not enlarging, but the same chemical procedure] at:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/node/43
OFFICIAL NOTICE: The article on B&W Print Enlarging will be published no later than Dec. 1, 2006.

-Ed.

(okay, that's me, but I always wanted to sign something: -Ed. It looks cool.) :mrgreen: And the article really IS coming soon.

Stay tuned!

-Ed.

:sexywink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back