Need serious C&C on this please

I think I would crop some off of the top, its a very cool photo but I think its a bit too long. besides that I don't think I would change anything.

I don't like the random spot of in focus trees.
Agreed, I think I would blur the infocus portion of the trees. This shot has some real potential. I think the more you can draw the attention to the runners the better it will work.

The weird body positions and the spacing of the three figures makes me think "zombie" event. Like maybe a zombie 10k charity run/walk, ya' know?

I prefer the original long version. I like the mood of this photo.

I also like this. It gives off a spooky vibe…Perfect for the halloween time of year. It almost feels like "These are Our Last Days"….

I like this effect, thought I try not to shop too much ... Would you care to share the technique? Not that I want to copy your work, just curious, if it was a specific tool.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and comments! Happy that my photo generated some discussion.

Although many have suggested cropping the pic, I have decided that to keep it as it is. I like it somehow. I feel cropping the extra spaces would take away something from it.

kdthomas - By technique do you mean the post-processing? It was done in Lightroom and Photoshop. In LR I deed the basic adjustments to the raw image like shadows and contrast, played around with the colors and tone. Further adjustments were added in PS, including the blur. No special tool really.

Most reactions

Back